Sign in to follow this  
robspace3501

jagged lines and not cutting completely straight lines!

I have a SC series with Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro, when even cutting a square registration mark, the corners go more rounded in some area's and in a straight line, it won't cut it as straight as it should be, as you can see from the pictures lol! Also, you will see from the actual artwork, that the lines are actually completely straight. Does this have something to do with settings like offset in Sure Cuts A Lot? :/

11173377_827213544025966_71968922042518511169863_827213547359299_42332807487357911169958_827213560692631_562842032859561

Can you post the vector file (should be able to as long as it is under 1000K file size). Was the artwork supplied to you or did you have to trace it? or take a screenshot with the node handles showing in wireframe mode. Just checking the obvious. 

How big is that cut graphic? 

I would check with the nodes and see if it is seeing something different. Just my $0.02. As far as if the nodes are correct, I am not exactly too sure what to recommend afterwards and am in hope that the nodes is what is the issue so I don't sound too dumb haha

I drew out some of vector besides the crown itself lol! I will post it in the morning. I think my offset is off because even when it cuts the square registration marks, it cuts them with almost rounded corners. It doesn't have many points and the points are not off.

I drew out some of vector besides the crown itself lol! I will post it in the morning. I think my offset is off because even when it cuts the square registration marks, it cuts them with almost rounded corners. It doesn't have many points and the points are not off.

what do you have the blade offset set at?

• Like 1

Can you post the vector file (should be able to as long as it is under 1000K file size). Was the artwork supplied to you or did you have to trace it? or take a screenshot with the node handles showing in wireframe mode. Just checking the obvious. 

How big is that cut graphic? 

I's only 8.5" in length and about 4" in height.It's a bulk two layer order. How do I add the EPS to here? I see how to add images but no upload. :/ Here is one I drew from pencil to Illustrator and had less issues but still, my square registration marks were not completely squared up.

1525290_819666808113973_285775805823961511164556_827244947356159_587627987973075

There are a few stray nodes on the "d" and the "a" of "Odat" of your posted file... Obviously, not what's causing your issue.

As the others have stated, looks like you may just need to get the machine dialed in.

Start with the test cuts to get the overcut set correctly.

That likely will completely eliminate the problem shown.

• Like 2

There are a few stray nodes on the "d" and the "a" of "Odat" of your posted file... Obviously, not what's causing your issue.

As the others have stated, looks like you may just need to get the machine dialed in.

Start with the test cuts to get the overcut set correctly.

That likely will completely eliminate the problem shown.

Here's my blade offset, I think I remember on the forum some place that it is suppose to be 0.10 or 0.01?

11136866_827564323990888_485534557_n.jpg

blade offset is specific to your blade and machine - even the same blade as it wears can have a minor offset change try a .25 offset and recut your test square - keep adjusting till it cuts right by watching how the corners are cut

• Like 3

blade offset is specific to your blade and machine - even the same blade as it wears can have a minor offset change try a .25 offset and recut your test square - keep adjusting till it cuts right by watching how the corners are cut

Awesome! Sounds like a plan! You guys are all great and thank you so much! Love this forum more than support lol!!

Do you have an entry on the machine menu to set the offset?

Personally, I would dial that in correctly on the machine.

Do you have an entry on the machine menu to set the offset?

Personally, I would dial that in correctly on the machine.

I will check it out, not completely sure. Just got the machine and was using something that was a bit better but the cost was out of my range in getting the same machine at this point,But this one has been keeping me in business lol!

I will check it out, not completely sure. Just got the machine and was using something that was a bit better but the cost was out of my range in getting the same machine at this point,But this one has been keeping me in business lol!

The machine doesn't have a setting for it. When I do a test cut without the laptop being connected, it has the same issue. I am going to try connecting it andmessing with the blade offset.

Make sure your blade and inside of blade holder are clean... Try a drop of light oil..  Make sure that the blade depth is set correctly first.

This is how

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

Did you fix the problem? and how? I have the similar issue my lettering dose not cut straight. I done some test cuts using ARIAL BOLD FONT, and it cuts edges round and some of the letters look deformed. anyone ever had this issue and how did you fix it?

Did you fix the problem? and how? I have the similar issue my lettering dose not cut straight. I done some test cuts using ARIAL BOLD FONT, and it cuts edges round and some of the letters look deformed. anyone ever had this issue and how did you fix it?

You need to provide more info.  Is this a new cutter that your setting up for the first time?  What cutter?  If you are pulling directly from a vinyl roll,  you should not do this.  Always have enough vinyl free to do the order.  What is your blade offset set at? What cutting software.?

Okay, so I cleaned the blade and holder, setup the depth again (By the way, I have seen your post on it a ton on here haha!! Nicely done) and did a test run and the corners are still not scuared so, I am thinking it's the offset which if I set it up on the program, I don't think it will affect the test run? Here is the last test run...

11119643_827743750639612_1714085861_n.jp

Looking like your offset is too low. Start working up from there. Eventually you will see them get nice and square and then as you go too far it will start to have little tails where it is cutting too far out at the corners. It's lime the castor wheel on a shopping cart. You have to dial in how far past the corner you want it to go before it swings around so that the blade tip doesn't cut the corner. 

Looking like your offset is too low. Start working up from there. Eventually you will see them get nice and square and then as you go too far it will start to have little tails where it is cutting too far out at the corners. It's lime the castor wheel on a shopping cart. You have to dial in how far past the corner you want it to go before it swings around so that the blade tip doesn't cut the corner. 

Do, I do that on the machine or the program? I am not seeing anything on the LCD screen for offset. :/

Have you checked your blade tip to make sure it has not broken off.?  Or try another new blade.

Switched the blade while cleaning, for the fun of it. It's a new blade and looks great.

A broken tip will definitely make problems and you should get cleaner lines with a new one too. I sometimes have to adjust my offset as I get blade wear. 

A broken tip will definitely make problems and you should get cleaner lines with a new one too. I sometimes have to adjust my offset as I get blade wear. 

Just put a new one in before the that last test cut. :/

Adjust it in your software but instead of doing the test cut from the machine just send some 1" squares from your design program to see if the corners are getting better.

• Like 1