brandon005

Differences between MH 871 on eBay vs here

Hi guys I'm looking to buy my first cutter in the next couple of days and thus far the best deal I have found is the MH 871 on eBay by US Cutter here http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Vinyl-Cutter-Best-Value-Cutting-Sign-Making-Kit-w-Sure-Cuts-A-Lot-Pro-SALE-/311098741732?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item486eee13e4. now if I am looking at it correctly it appears for $330(w/shipping) I get the MH 871 stand and starter supplies vs the same price here but no starter supplies. Is there any unseen benefit to get it here vs off eBay(coupon code maybe)? I figured if anything the better price would be on this site since there is no associated ebay fees.

A word of caution...

The "Best Deal" is generally not the Cheapest.

• Like 1

It's just an auction site... same great cutter's... I don't do ebay, but if you get it for a better price!

Uscutter stands behind their products

Hope this helps

You might want to consider stepping up to the SC cutter,  better results from forum members..  Like stated above bottom may not be the best value.  Nor best deal in the long run.   Buy the best that you can afford.

• Like 3

I thought I remembered something about a difference in warranty between ebay and the website?

I thought I remembered something about a difference in warranty between ebay and the website?

I looked , they both said 90 day warranty,  But on the UScutter website, you can add to the warranty....for a price.

As far as I can tell the eBay one is sold by uscuttervinyl as well or at least the eBay name would indicate so.is that not the case?

Also any suggestions on a "starter kit" of sorts that would contain an assortment different materials to try i expensively? I am 100% new to all of this. Does the software that comes with it work well or is there a more standard program that is used?

Also any suggestions on a "starter kit" of sorts that would contain an assortment different materials to try i expensively? I am 100% new to all of this. Does the software that comes with it work well or is there a more standard program that is used?

Sure Cuts a lot Pro works pretty well. It should do everything you will want it to do.

Look into Inkscape (free), Corel or Adobe Illustrator if you don't plan on buying a lot of pre-made vinyl ready art.

Personally, I like Inkscape because, well......it's free.

And there are tons of tutorial videos for it. Not that there aren't for Corel and Illustrator, but since it's free, a lot of people have videos for mods and how tos on Inkscape.

Pay attention to the vinyl you get and what you are going to use it for.

Not all vinyl is the same. Indoor, outdoor, specialty vinyl, sandblast resist vinyl, paint mask vinyl and a whole host of others.

Be sure what you are buying and what you are using it for.

When ever I buy a roll of vinyl, I write in the tube what it is, what it's for and when I bought it.

Mostly because it may be a few months before I use that roll again.

And be aware that application tape/paper is not all the same.

Low, medium and high tack and you want the correct one if you are selling decals to someone to make install easy and looks professional.

The kit on ebay looks pretty well set up and will get you started, but it won't take long until you will need more knives and vinyl.

I say the knives, because when you first start out, you could possibly dull 1 or 2 real quick.

And be prepared to "sacrifice" a bit of vinyl until you get your images, knife pressure, cutting speed and all that down.

Good luck. 

I covered this in a previous thread ---

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/48170-cutter-choices-some-help-choosing-please/?p=386954

I know this thread is a little old, but I wanted to chime in. This is the cutter I bought. When I first got it, it took some tweaking and learning to get everything exactly how I liked, but now, I have made enough to pay for the cutter 10 times over. Hell, 20 times over. However, I am not doing large, complex pieces. My largest I have done is 12 inches x 18 inches and it was a fairly basic design. I think this is a great starter machine.