Ang7399

Sign blazer with creation pcut

I can get the software to work and the cutter to work. Just not together! When I try and send the file to cut it goes to my default desktop printer. So I deleted all my printers and now it won't even go anywhere. I'm running on a very old windows xp laptop that can't connect to the internet anymore. I also have a Mac that I could cut from, but it does't look like the software is available on a Mac? I also have a windows vista laptop I might be able to dig up. Anyone have any idea why it's not connecting? I followed the install instructions correctly.

Thanks!!

Sounds like you might not have the correct port  selected in the SignBlazer Cutter Setup Menu in the "output device" box.

And are you sure you installed the driver for the cutter correctly?

Yeah I only have a usb plug for it. And when I was going thru the install I told it usb connection. Now that I've deleted my printers when I go to set up it does t give me the option of a USB port.

I have ran, and still have my Pcut and laptop XP together. years of use-- - but had problems with USB. The Pcut really likes to use the triplite keyspan adaptor.  USB is problematic, and unreliable on the PCUT.

The memory is so small also on the Pcut, that it likes the RS-232 connection, that regulates the file size to it.

The driver is in Signblazer for the Pcut- so you shouldnt need it- but I did down load the driver for my converter cable above.

So what am I doing wrong? Do I need a driver and/or a dog cable? The person I got this from had the same setup as me and he said it worked fine.

• Like 1

Ugh autocorrect... Different cable not dog (?) also where can I get the driver? I didn't see it as part of my download.

thanks skeeter- I must have forgot that step from several years ago :)