Brand new to the vinyl world so I apologize if I'm just over looking this.

Trying to line up my vinyl and my front and back rulers dont match up like it does in the video.

The front of the machine the numbers go low to high - from right to left.

Now looking at it from the rear

The rear of the machine does the same low to high right to left. Its like the measuring tape was suppose to be put on upside down but it wasnt and of course the numbers do not match up.

any suggestions?

Take it off and put it back on correctly.

Chinese manufacturers let dumb stuff like that happen on their production lines, it's quite common.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone! I just didnt want to void my warranty over something as dumb as peeled off sticker, but its happened to me before hence the hesitation.

I ran into the same thing Golem, and the TItan 2 was my first cutter. It would be nice to use them to verify that the vinyl is loaded straight, but I ended up just using different color electrical tape to mark the edges of a roll of vinyl once I had it perfectly installed. It ends up being quicker to load that way anyway since you have a more distinct visual cue to work with. I did the same thing with the rollers, so I know where the roll of vinyl should be sitting when the vinyl is lined up in the cutter.

I'm now on a Graphtec, and even though it comes with hard ridges that run front to back, making lining things up WAY easier, I still used the tape to mark where the pinch rollers should be, and where the edge of the vinyl should line up.

I talked to Support. He grabbed their demo version and it had the same issue too. He then told me to do the tape method
The tape method is fine but I just expected the lines to match up after spending that much money

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Golem, when I bought my Titan II, I was under the same impression. Then I upgraded to a Graphtec and realized that spending "that much money" is a relative term...  :blink:

The Graphtec does away with the rulers altogether and instead has ribs running from front to back that you can line the edge of the vinyl up against. Much more effective, but I still use tape to mark my place to speed up lining the rolls up accurately. 

tape line

• Like 2

Just proves that the ruler is not necessary. I have a Q75 (fc-7000 graphtec) which was a several thousand dollar machine and no rulers.

• Like 1

I just received my Titan3, and the rulers are still backwards.  Easy enough to peel off and re-stick, but I agree with others that once I get use to the machine I'll probably not need them

• Like 1

I just received my Titan3, and the rulers are still backwards.  Easy enough to peel off and re-stick, but I agree with others that once I get use to the machine I'll probably not need them

I changed my rear ruler around as well on my titan 2. but now im able to just eye ball and then run the vinyl forward and back a few inches to double check straightness and im good ...