Sign in to follow this  
mmwilson

Sign Blazer problem

I really need some help with sign blazer.  I love this program but I bought a new cutter and ever since then I can not get it work when I go to the text if gives me an error and shuts down the program.  Please help

You don't give enough info..  What cutter? What operating system?  Signblazer has not been updated for years,  so there are no updates to it.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Signblazer?

I really need some help with sign blazer.  I love this program but I bought a new cutter and ever since then I can not get it work when I go to the text if gives me an error and shuts down the program.  Please help

Sounds like you don't have the correct port selected in the SignBlazer Cutter Setup Menu under "output device".

Sounds more like there is a problem with it's font files... or maybe where they are (or aren't) located.

I have a new refine MH 721 cutter and windows 8 I had the same kind of cutter before I replaced. 

How long ago did you have the other Refine?  This is a different model than they used to sell years back. And needs to be on a baud rate of 4800.  As we asked , did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Signblazer software   And always best to have a value cutter on a serial cable, serial card, or a Tripplite Keypsan Adapter, that is the brand name  USB on value cutters is hit or miss as it is not true USB 

I took particular notice of the OP stating, "when I go to the text [in the PROGRAM (sic)] it gives me an error" and reasoned it may have something to do with the font files.

I did also,,,but they didn't have this problem until a new cutter was connected...Don't know how that would affect it..

They should uninstall and reinstall Signblazer...and retry...

• Like 1