Sign in to follow this  
bhhracing

File wont open

Hey guys! A customer bought this file and sent it to me. I cant get it to open. It opens but the file is blank. Anyone out there wanna try to see if you can get it, flexi sign cloud is what i got. Appreciate it if you can attach it back to me in eps, vector pdf,ect..so i can finally get his work done. Thanks all!

orange flames.eps

Hi Sue, i got your file and in flexi says file format not supported. Any way to put this in vector? Thanks

That is going to be a mess to use for cut vinyl based on the wireframe. File attached.

flames.eps

It's being printed. Thanks for the fiels but none are what was in the file as he sent me a picture. I need it to be exactly what was in the file.. May be if you can just open it and then re-save it for me to try.thanks all

Thanks! Was the image in the eps a vector or not? If it was a vector, can you put it in the vector format I can change the back ground? Thanks for eveyone's help!

Yes, it is vector and Adobe Illustrator (and VinylMaster) will open it and allow the background to be swapped out.

The one I posted is exactly how it opened in vinyl master. Don't think vinyl master was a fan of the gradients.

Right, but as I stated, it will allow the background to be swapped out.

Yeah... you are right. Technically, you can trade out the background but it doesn't want to preserve the flame gradients.

Still looking into a work-around.

Looks like Illustrator has got Vm beat in this gradient situation.

Yeah... you are right. Technically, you can trade out the background but it doesn't want to preserve the flame gradients.

I've opened gradient designed files before but not this one, at least not accurately. PDF's are the worst to open for me and between VM Corel and Flexi 1 of the 3 will open them but never all 3.

• Like 1

Inkscape allows me to swap out or alter the gradient but is having a problem saving it.

Maybe the newest version of it will?

Oh my did you just say that? 

• Like 1

Yup and, It was not easy to type those words. Was right on time though.

I was just finishing up a clients project recreating a logo in vector that was headed for

print and the gradients needed to be spot on.

Here's a lo-res peek and Illustrator was there to help.

post-43059-0-02058900-1429510770_thumb.p

I never said it wasn't capable, it's just not exceptionally user friendly.

• Like 2

Nice looking 3D work Skare.   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Naw, there's no war. I am the first to admit that AI is a PIA to learn. I'm not that good when it comes time to shade and highlight for prints. I look at some peoples work and am amazed at how incredible they can do.

Nice looking 3D work Skare.   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Naw, there's no war. I am the first to admit that AI is a PIA to learn. I'm not that good when it comes time to shade and highlight for prints. I look at some peoples work and am amazed at how incredible they can do.

Me too...skare is scary good!

:lol: