wf2ste

Starting out - What is the best start up printer?

Hi,

I once had a sublimation system that I purchased online, not knowing anything about how it all works at the time I learnt the importance of having the correct profile for the printer, as the one I purchased was just a cheap Epson with standard profile. I ended up selling the whole thing on but now am finding more and more people asking about custom mugs.

Can I ask your opinions on the best start up sublimation printer?

I personally just bought an Epson, bought sublimation inks made specifically for Epson large format (42" and bigger) printers. Bought Cobra ink system and did that and never had issues.

Espon WF-3620 (not a wide format) is on Cobra's site with the CSI pre-installed and sub ink for $249.99.
You will not find a better deal anywhere.

But I agree with the guys about the wide format. 

I've got an Epson Stylus 1400 with a Cobra Ink CISS and their 6-color sublimation inks, and it's worked great.   It prints up to 13"x19" which is as big as I need and about as big as my press can fit...

I have an EPSON XP-310, not sure if that will work for dye sub, and i found this setup on eBay, not sure if its worth investing in. I just know i want to start doing mugs and other dye sub products soon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3IN1-Mug-Press-Machine-Sublimation-Epson-Printer-C88-CISS-KIT-/171388767456?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item27e7910ce0

Check out cobra inks and tell Richard I sent you and he will take off 10% on any printer you buy ...

If you don't need large format you can pick one up with the ciss pretty cheap...

https://www.cobraink.com/

• Like 1