Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

And more mugs.

Just don't copy my design please.

Are you "Future Games of London LTD"?   'cause that's what the copyright at the bottom of the first mug reads...  :rolleyes:

Did you know Marilyn is considered public domain. And that mug LTD is done for family I would never do that I'm too scared to pull that off. One of and get rid of the design. Like Minecraft I would never do that either for profit or for other people.

Did you know Marilyn is considered public domain. And that mug LTD is done for family I would never do that I'm too scared to pull that off. One of and get rid of the design. Like Minecraft I would never do that either for profit or for other people.

Looks like I am going into the Marilyn business then, thanks for the heads up!

If you do a search on wikia commons images, it will tell you if the image is in the public domain and why.

There are a lot of famous signatures, like Einsteins, that are public domain.

Why that is, I don't totally understand, but it seems a lot of "late" famous people's images and signatures are public domain.

What makes them so, I still don't totally understand, but wikia commons and a lot of those govt sites with images explain on most images why an image is public domain if it is.

If I made any sense.

There was a law on that wasn't in place at the time of her Death and many others its called the Right of publicity for living people in which was introduced in 1971 so any actor or actress pretty much that passed away before that is an open book unless noted. I however am will to give money at the end of the year to support the Marilyn Monroe. In fact the Marilyn Monroe Estate tried to stop a company and the court ruled against the estate as recent as Feb 2015.

You have the right to use Marilyn's image, because her state of residence at the time of her death did not have a "publicity rights" law.   That means you can use Marilyn drawings and caricatures freely.

That's why places like My Vinyl Designer can sell this sort of clip art without worry of legal repercussions (pic is a link to the site).

post-24492-0-06878800-1429457874_thumb.j

Photographs of Marilyn are still copyrighted by the photographer and have the same copyright protection as other artwork that we're not allowed to use without licensing.

that's right Jones they do. in the article is says something however you may have a different problem with photographer. However the more I read on her photos and estate sounds like all photos are belonging to her estate, but do to the ruling they have no legal course on how one uses them.

Now I personally wouldn't use Marilyn's image in any way shape or form that would be bad. The woman was a great actress of her time and lets not forget about how she looked.

It's interesting. It seems there are a lot of John Wayne images that are public domain too.