Sign in to follow this  
ALICOLE2

vector image

I am needing this image ASAP!! I have been fooling with it all day and Im just getting frustrated with it. 

I think its my software on my computer. I have adobe Illistrator but everytime I open the file it keeps cutting off the words on the left side of the image. At this point i would just take it in PDF format so i can print my transpancery.

post-85736-0-79472700-1429300485_thumb.j

Take a look at the size of your workspace. If the image extends out past the edges it may not print properly (printing not cutting)

In the menu you should be able to make sure you can "view artboards" and there is a quick tool on the left side of most toolboxes that lets you quickly drag the sides of your artboard to fit. (assuming you are using a fairly new version of AI. CS@ does NOT have the quick button and you have to go into preferences and change it there).

• Like 2

I have already tried that. This image was sent to me and when I imported it looks fine on the screen but when it prints the letters are cut off. 

I recreated it from scratch with the same fonts,  that is the way to go if you want it to be decent quality, since text doesn't vectorize very well...

I think I got it looking pretty close to the original.

iamafriendofgod.EPS

• Like 2

And not even a thanks...geeeez

SOOOO MANY posters like that....I"m new here and it drives me NUTZ!!! With all the help you guys give us, it wouldn't hurt to give a little thank you now, would it ??!!!!

• Like 5

I'm going to create a new account with a name of toT0taLn00b and just outsource all my work to you guys in the guise of needing help. THINK of the time and money I will save!

• Like 5

I'm going to create a new account with a name of toT0taLn00b and just outsource all my work to you guys in the guise of needing help. THINK of the time and money I will save!

Shhhh..............I've already done that

and am making BIG bucks!

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Hey that's my idea. Now I need another name...

Shhhh..............I've already done that

and am making BIG bucks!

:ph34r:

Sue2 is also "Newbie from Colorado" ;)

i JUST MADE THAT UP...if there IS a legit newbie with that name that is cool, I apologize!! lol...if you're one of the ones that don't "thank you", then I take that apology back ;) !! lol....

It's one of the reasons I've pulled back...

that sucks and unfortunately, I don't blame you 1 BIT  :-[  !!!

• Like 1

I help out sometimes when I'm basically bored (much less spare time lately). I enjoy the graphics work and it's relaxing but I also watch who it's for and if they are at the point they should be getting it figured out I help out less and give a little more push toward helping them learn to do it. I probably shouldn't say it but sometimes I vector stuff just for fun and then don't even give it out to them....

• Like 3

. I probably shouldn't say it but sometimes I vector stuff just for fun and then don't even give it out to them....

damn.....that's mean.....

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 1

I think that is how I burned myself out last fall - trying to help everyone, even the ones that don't try to help themselves.  then I pulled back and only really critiqued printing jobs sent in - then realized these are graphics professionals and if they want to pay for a jacked up pixelated jpeg they sent that is what they should get.  I used to recreate work for people and I think that became expected . .  . times they have changed

• Like 4

I think that became expected . .  . times they have changed

yeah!! I remember a few weeks ago you voiced out frustration and said you were going to leave it as they sent it....Did the customer say anything when they got it back??  ;D

And when I get PM's from newbies, who just signed up...wanting help  ....I tell them to post their questions to the forum or contact tech support,,.I don't say this,,... but I am not  their private tech support.....I have received several of those....do you others receive those?   Some how I became an expert on a Creation PCUT this morning?  LOL  Never owned one. 

• Like 3

Suckers lol. I must scare them off cause I rarely get a message unless someone needs something done but I haven't done as much helping mainly because business is insanely busy this year.

• Like 1

I'm in the middle. PM's have their place too because I wouldn't want to read the conversations that go on in PM's all the time and they'd fill the forum traffic up. Personally I prefer true topics in posts that will be something that someone new can search and find good usable info rather than prattling on like I do in PM's. I know searching certain topics can lead to many hours of filtering through the pointless unanswered stuff until you finally find THAT POST that actually tells you something. 

• Like 2

Mz Skeeter said, "And when I get PM's from newbies, who just signed up...wanting help  ....do you others receive those? "

Yes... way too often and I do the same. Refer them to the open forum.

Jay, You could be intimidating them. Face it, you're the only avatar wearing a side arm.

And an Moderator, to boot!

• Like 3

Always packing out in the world too. Keys, wallet, 380 that's my morning routine :)

• Like 1

Always packing out in the world too. Keys, wallet, 380 that's my morning routine :)

I got a nice little Ruger LCP that tends to come with my most places.