stickerman

Scoring the back of a sticker

So I can print and cut full color stickers now!  However how do I score the back of a sticker so my client can just separate it and peel it off?  Do I flip it over and just cut a single line at a very low pressure, this could be time consuming on a lot of stickers?  Any thoughts.

Thanks

That's what I thought too but have had 2 customers ask me how they were supposed to get the sticker off since there wasn't a peel line!  Duh!!!  Gotta cater to our customers though.  Will try the cutters from uscutter and see how it works out.

I have that one that Dakota posted. It works ok. I find I have to run it on the highest setting but have not ruined any vinyl as yet. I just use it if I have a monster graphic and want to hinge it in the middle. If you know you are going to do it it works best if you cut the backing before you weed anything off so it's a more consistent surface. It's a little tricky to hold at the perfect angle too. 

• Like 1

Interesting that this is an issue. I have yet to get any complaints relating to this issue but everytime I am done with stickers, I will cut one of the edges on the back side to make it easier to peak for myself (and has become a habbit). Basically just a low pressure cut since its quick and usually does the job well enough. Similar to opening a packet of medicine where on the plastic, the other side of it has a corner that bends and is peelable.

Hope this helps.

Yes the backing is alittle bigger than the sticker.  I honestly don't see the issue, but hey when you have a couple customers complain about the same thing.