Titan 2---Is it a good idea to get a keyspan adapter for usb? im not sure what it actually does but i seen someone post about it once.. Im not having any crazy cut issues except that on some designs it takes awhile for the machine to finally start cutting etc,and i wasnt sure if a keyspan would make this work any faster.and does a keyspan have port that my existing usb plugs into or is it already built with one.Thanks in advance on your help with this question.

the titan has a true usb port and not emulated like the cheaper ones - you shouldn't need the keyspan with that cutter - the slow start is probably more a factor of your computer than the cutter

oh ok thanks Dakota..hmmm.not sure why it would be my pc. its extremely fast and has tons of ram etc.. using a 3.0 usb port as well..

nice setup. Im running a laptop with quad core A8 with 16gb ram 1tb hard drive with a 3 tb external. i wanted to build a new desktop but i needed a portable pc more for my photography i do and then since i got into the vinyl world and it allows me to design up some quick views for a customer if they want to see something as a sample... Si im not sure why my cutter takes awhile sometimes to start cutting ,, if its my pc isnt fast enough (which i would be surprised if it isnt) i guess i could get a gamer system or something but i dont want to . i got this new laptop from a lady who just bought it and didnt like windows 8 so i ended up getting it from her for only $300 and being only a couple weeks old. i think i got a steal lol,,.Thanks Dakota.

Some cut programs bog when sending intricate designs.

• Like 1

What program are you using? Seems like scalp was bad about it If I remember right.

ya thats what im using lol . scalp 4. they just did 2 updates in the past week.. they have added alot more features tho.im liking it more and more except the lag of cutting .thought about looking for another program just not sure which one. i do most of my design in Ai cs6 but i like the shadow and oultine feature scalp 4 has.As i havent got myself to understand  how to do it in Ai yet. Im still learning it ..

a laptop the same specs as a desktop will run around 1/2 the speed - too much is given up for space in architecture and cooling.  that is why the design computer and my printer computers remain desktops

• Like 1