Sign in to follow this  

I have a chance to buy one of these. They have 10 discs of art, and want 300. I am only wanting to cut sports stuff like you see for softball and baseball parents. Pitcher cutouts, etc. Would this be a good choice?

You can buy a brand new one for a few $$$ more  with warranty.  These are ONLY  WINDOWS PC  compatible also.  And most artwork cannot be sold or transferred. They are licensed to the Original buyer...You would have to read the User agreement on the discs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Vinyl-Cutter-Best-Value-Cutting-Sign-Making-Kit-w-Sure-Cuts-A-Lot-Pro-SALE-/311098741732?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item486eee13e4

What is the value of 10 cds of graphics? I don't care about MAC compatibility, I am a Linux and Windows user. Basically he has everything in that kit, but the vinyl for some reason, and the 10 cds of artwork. Would this cutter work for what I want to do?

depends if they are legal graphic - 10 cd's of copyrighted stuff would equate to a negative amount - legal sillouetes would depend on again who created them and the license nontransferable of them - along with quality.  

Ok, I will make sure the license is transferable, and that they are silhouettes. Will this unit do what I want?

It will cut vinyl. and plot..any vinyl cutter will. . I would ask to see it operate before I ever purchased it..   MH series also have a very low memory.. And prone to static from the vinyl.

I know it is basic, I just know some of the designs like a catcher or pitcher silhouette can be intricate. Just want to make sure it will do them. Hoping to someday work up to a better machine. What do you guys think I should pay for it?

Also not sure what version of SCALP, is that license transferable?

No, that license is not transferable,  It was registered to the buyer, if it was activated and used by them.   They ONLY got the "rights" to USE it.  They don't own it. So it cannot be sold or transferred  The same goes with most graphic designs sold. on CDs etc    You only buy the rights to "USE" them 

Well that just made this a bad buy.

That info is available on Craftedge.com   Owners of Scalp under user license terms  etc..  Nothing new,  most software is that way.   Unless you buy a software with a USB  dongle..