jason34

sticky to touch vinyl...Ive asked several people....someone please help

After applying my vinyl to shirt it is sticky to touch still. So if I fold the shirt the letters will sticky together. Pleeeeease help?

Seriously???

You are using the wrong vinyl.

That's for indoor/outdoor sign applications not garments.

I can't believe you didn't get a big gooey mess! 

You need HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl)...

a completely different animal.

Sue2

I practically spit out my coffee when I read that!!

Only the second time I've heard of that. Did it melt to your press or did you use teflon? If it stuck to the press we'd all love to see a picture of the carnage.

• Like 5

Jason you get the newbie of the week award. That's ok bud, I never make mistakes. 

• Like 2

Thanks everybody....Damn I needed that. And no it didn't stick to my press it has that backing to it. It transferred great and looked good but was just sticky when you touched it.

I talked to 5 different people that worked with vinyl currently that had no clue what the problem was. So thanks to everyone cause this has saved me lots of time and money. Respect.

• Like 1

HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl) cost considerably more but it will get you the results you are looking for. I wouldn't feel too bad, this industry is sort of clandestine when it comes to divulging the secrets to success. The forum here is the best I have ever found at helping out the new guy without beating him up too bad. I was as new as you just a few years ago and they helped me so much I stuck around ever since. 

• Like 3

Did you at least remember to 
MIRROR?

:mellow:

We all make mistakes even after years - but great thing on here we have seen and done so many that we have got pretty good at troubleshooting the issues - it happens.  and even after some time you will forget to mirror the image now and then - even the old timers are not immune to that one

• Like 2

I just read an old post on another forum where someone recommended heat pressing regular vinyl for temporary T-shirt designs.

Did you at least remember to 

MIRROR?

:mellow:

Funny thing here I do about every time..... We'll make shirt after shirt after shirt... Then one day someone calls wanting a decal. I almost hit to send to cutter then remember.... "Why did I mirror that?"  LOL

Easy...I'm just the opposite.....day after day I am working in positive

images only at our print shop....so MIRROR is only used for a small

part of the time on the t-shirts and garments.....

I've been meaning to cut some vinyl (MIRROR) and apply to the

front of the cutter....hopefully that it will remind me in time to turn

the art.

Sue2

I used to have a sticky on my monitor. It helped but it wasn't 100% and I never forget when cutting a shirt only when I hit cut on 10 copies,

Easy...I'm just the opposite.....day after day I am working in positive

images only at our print shop....so MIRROR is only used for a small

part of the time on the t-shirts and garments.....

I've been meaning to cut some vinyl (MIRROR) and apply to the

front of the cutter....hopefully that it will remind me in time to turn

the art.

Sue2

Tried that.

Took it off.

Once you get used to it being there, you tend to ignore it.

At least thats what happened in my case.

• Like 1

jason34, seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if those 5 people weren't screwing with you or just didn't want to teach you. Kayak fishing is like that: If they think you might learn to catch more fish then them, they'll lead you on the wrong path and let you waste your money so you give up.

or

they work with vinyl, but are you sure they do clothes or just window decals? If they DO work with clothes, then I have a feeling they were screwing with you :(

I'm probably averaging 4 hours a day on this forum for probably a month now, reading a lot. In my opinion, everyone that answered a question seems like a straight shooter, not trying to mislead anybody.

• Like 1