Sign in to follow this  
dirtrocker

Can you preprint transfers?

If you pre-print transfers for mugs or t-shirts or what ever, how long will the transfers keep?
Or I guess my question is, do they need to be used straight away or will they store ok?

I've used somethat have set for several months.

You don't have to always pre print the image you can print them up and have them sit around as long as they don't get damaged. However I only read about some people doing that I wouldn't let them sit around too much. Also how long would it take to sit down and print a couple of transfers up when needed?

I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't continue to work as long as they are kept cool and dry.   Cobra Ink warns you that their inks have a <1 year life before they'll need replacement, so there may be some breakdown that happens once the bottles are opened and exposed to air - and that same reaction may affect your printed transfers, but I've never held on to any transfers long enough to find out.

Thanks!

I was concerned about printing them up and getting busy and it being a month before I could get back to them.
Especially during the winter, as that is my busiest time of the year at work.

I think a couple of months should be fine. I don't see any issues with that. I have done can coolies 3 months later with my logo to hand out and not one issue.

as long as it dont get wet, ripped, crinkled or the sun is pointed at it you can go years without printing them.

• Like 2