Hello all! I received my SC cutter yesterday and finally was able to crank out a template today. My problem now is, the rhinestones won't stick to the shirt. I used Specialty Graphics Supply's Rhinestone Transfer Tape that came in their starter kit. I used my iron on the wool setting and ironed over a hand towel for about 3 minutes.

P.S. Had to weed ALOT of the stones. Thought it would come out in one motion like I've seen on youtube videos.

Any suggestions?

Some irons won't get nearly hot enough, also remember to place a Teflon sheet or parchment paper inside the shirt or the glue from the rhinestones will glue the front and back of the shirt together. Temp should be in the neighborhood of 300 degrees.

• Like 1

I will check the shirt to ensure it's not stuck. Thanks for the tip regarding the parchment paper. Million dollar question: Is my rhinestone transfer now ruined? Or should I try again once my heat press arrives?

If the stones did not adhere and are still applied to the transfer then your good. If everything is still in place and nothing has moved then wait till your press shows up and reapply.

• Like 1

I'd never try to apply rhinestones with a hand iron.  Unlike vinyl, it takes several seconds in each spot to get the stones to heat up so the glue will melt and fuse, and it would be really tough to maintain consistent pressure and temperature across the entire design, unless it's smaller than your iron...

Everything is like new.....the stones are still adhered to the tape and the tape is still sticky. I will wait on my heat press and try again. I just ordered it on Thurs evening so I'm hoping it's here by Tues or Wed. Thanks everyone!

P.S. Had to weed ALOT of the stones. Thought it would come out in one motion like I've seen on youtube videos.

Any suggestions?

Well Try doing a 2 or 3 pass  means they will cut the circle like 2 or 3 times..

Or your blade is not out enough to cut the rhinestone metirial

I do 2 passes

There is a lot to learn about Rhinestones to get them to work well!

First off do not use a Hand Iron! 

http://www.amazon.com/PowerPress-Industrial-Quality-Digital--15-Inch-Sublimation/dp/B009CCVS4E/ref=sr_1_1?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1429034225&sr=1-1&keywords=heat+press

That is the Heat Press i Started with when i started doing HTV and all that crazy stuff!

This is a wonderful lady!

https://www.facebook.com/Rhinestonetemplates

I get all my stones and stuff from her

And last but not least the software to make your design i just use a plugin with Corel!

I would watch a lot more youtube video's to learn what NOT to do! lol :)

Good Luck

• Like 1

Hi, When applying rhinestones you need pressure and heat, to get the glue to adhere to the fabric threads well.

To iron it will give a temp hold not a perm hold.

My Stones i press at 385 for 20 sec,

But first you need to pre press all the moisture out of the shirt

and also turn inside out and press the inside shirt,, backside of stones for 7 sec,.

If you cannot have all the dots release from your template material you are most likely not cutting deep enough, or you have a hanger, left on each circle. Do a double cut to eliminate that.

If you cannot choose a 2 pass, then layer one design on top of itself by Duplicating, dont touch it let it sit , you will get either a 360 cut double cut or it will cut it twice, and most likely take the hanger off,,

Also Depending on your software you can set your offset to go past the circle, and cut that lil hanger off,

you can use the 45 or the 60 blade,

Hope this helped

• Like 2

Also Depending on your software you can set your offset to go past the circle, and cut that lil hanger off,

you can use the 45 or the 60 blade,

Hope this helped

Not offset, overcut. Offset will open up a whole new can of worms.

• Like 5

JayBird, Would you take the offset out of the cut options??  I keep having trouble with the sticky flock circles not being right.  I use what The Rhinestone World and Bella Stones sold on US Cutter call a SS10 and on SCALP4, I set to SS10 to cut but brushing is rough. Almost no transfer. The stones don't like to fall in.  I have a LP2 cutter with clean cut 60 degree blade that I have set up for glitter vinyl.  I use my glitter settings and do a 2 or sometimes 3 pass cut.  The offset is at .31 and overcut is 1.02mm I think.  It was a standard setting.

Maybe if I switch to a 45 degree blade might cut a bigger circle for the stones to seat???

Not sure but offset really doesn't make a bigger hole. It alters how the cutter turns in a corner.