Sign in to follow this  
shawnbks9090

mh 871-- 1st pinch roller doesnt slide

hi, I bought my cutter about a year ago, havent used it in a couple months. its been stored in my cold back room. so I wanted to cut a few stencils out and now im having nothing but trouble. some grinding- i think the blade was out too far. weird cuts not meeting up where they should. by reading this forum i got all that corrected. so thanks for that! very helpful.

but i am still having some slippage. meaning the vinyl is not staying lined up, its pulling to one side. and yes i did mess with the adjustments on the pinch rollers which i shouldnt have. i have the thumb screws lookin bout the same tightness on the back of each roller. what can i do with these to know that its not whats causing the issue?

my other question is my cutter has 3 rollers, 2 slide, but the 1st roller is like its mounted in place. AND its not on the grit part. theres 2 pics i uploaded of it.

I saw the set-up video for my model and all 3 rollers slid left n right. should mine move to a better spot on the grit bar? video below:

10:04

post-92133-0-80125200-1428704411_thumb.j

post-92133-0-51375800-1428704414_thumb.j

try a little 3-1 oil, sewing machine oil, light oil, on the bar that it slides on.  Maybe look for a set screw on it..  I don't own the MH,, But pinch roller should move. left and right.

The rollers must be positioned over the grit bar to move the vinyl properly.

• Like 1

thanks. i used some oil on it then tapped on it n it popped loose. there was a screw on the back that wedged it in place. its working good now.

post-92133-0-24481600-1428712943_thumb.j