tysan

sign warehouse branded graphtec?

I am thinking of buying the sign warehouse branded graphtec cutter withe lxi master plus software and wanted opinions on that vs graphtec with their software? ? Lxi is flexi from what I am told.I would appreciate opinions... thanks

it's a great deal  - only difference on the cutter is it will have a chipset in it so it will only run with the qe-6000 drivers and none of the graphtec plug ins will work with it  - as far as cuts it will be the same.  as for the ve-lxi-master plus , I have been running it for years and love it.  it is by far the cheapest way to get a new graphtec - also have been trying for years for usc to get the private labeled flexi to go with their cutters and not sure why they have never offered a private labeled graphtec - they have done private gcc, saga, creation, lilu, etc but not the highest end cutters - maybe because the business has been built on selling the low end cutters at the lowest price and relabeling chinese cutters I am sure is more profitable

Thanks Dakota I think with that software that's all would need! I have a put 630 now with SCAL pro now and also use win pc sign pro,but I think I can do everything on the lxi master plus that I do with them!

And from what I have read about the Signwarehouse machines,  All support, tech etc  is thru Signwarehouse,  not Graphtec

• Like 2

I had one of Sign Warehouse's cheap entry level cutters - when I called to ask for support on it, they told me that I should have bought a professional level cutter if I wanted it to actually do what it was supposed to.

Hopefully they offer better support to people who do buy a professional level cutter...

• Like 1

You do not state what operating system you have,  but the Sighwarehouse branded Graphtecs do not work on a Mac....just thought I would throw that out there

Don't know about the current model but neither of mine from SW have ARMS so no automatic contour cutting for me :(

Jaybird is correct, I have the QE60+ and it is a relabled Graphtec without the contour cut feature. I have had ZERO problems with it and the flexi master plus software.

I just wonder if the used advertised Graphtec that JeremySI bought  with the unadvertised  (Signwarehouse board in it) had contour cutting..  Maybe he will respond. 

From what sw told me all the boards are set to run arms so being a graphtec originally it should have it. And the will not sell the arms uninstalled, I tried already.

not sure on the arms on the 6000 model - but for 400 less and the savings on the software it would be pretty easy decision for me if I was in the market for one. even though their support does Su^% now days - you seldom need it with any graphtec rebranded or not

• Like 1

Here is another thought too. If you don't like the program that comes with the cutter or you switch to a mac computer you can always run SignCut Pro as a cutting utility and design in AI, Corel or Inkscape. I think it's a pretty good price savings and worth considering. You can even do manual contour cutting that way as well although it's a little less accurate. 

If he goes to Mac later,, he still can't, the cutter it's self is not Mac compatible..   It does not matter about the software. 

Q Series Windows OS compatible only    The rebranded Graphtec units are for Windows  OS only.

http://www.signwarehouse.com/p-M-SPEC-Q24-SBB.html

Look under Specs.

Hmm. Well ok then. I'd hate to be limited that way. I love my mac although I don't currently cut from it. 

When I called about upgrading to arms the level of service sucked. I'm paraphrasing but they said send back the cutter with a check and their techs get it to work about 80% of the time but they charge 100% of the time.

• Like 1

I just wonder if the used advertised Graphtec that JeremySI bought  with the unadvertised  (Signwarehouse board in it) had contour cutting..  Maybe he will respond. 

I doubt it, their boards don't support it from what I am aware of unless you get the Q series(graphtec f series). That is one of the main reasons I was really pissed about the cutter, I was thinking of getting a sp300v and using the cutter to CC the smaller things that fit on it instead of taking up time on the printer. If I do get a printer this one will probably get sold off.

Yes they do.

About Vinyl Express Qe6000 Vinyl Cutters

The Vinyl Express Qe6000 is made exclusively for SignWarehouse and offers many outstanding features:

• Whisper quiet digital servo motor
  • 24 inches per second cutting speed
  • Up to 300 inches tracking
  • Up to 300 grams downforce
  • ARMS 5.0 (Auto Registration Mark Sensor) for contour cutting of printed images
  • Media auto pre-feed function for superior tracking and accuracy
  • Floor stand incorporates integrated roller bars with media brake
  • 8 programmable presets for quick changes from one media to another
  • TangentaPLUS cutting with tangential emulation which provides improved cutting accuracy

signwarehouse told me all the boards support it "BUT" I was was asking in regards to my q75 and never asked about my qe60+ when I had them on the phone.

works the same as flexi pro - just pick up one of mark rugens training dvd's.  he has one for around $100 and another for around $200 I think - he is the flexi guru

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FlexiSIGN-R-10-TRAINING-DVD-TWO-VOLUME-SET-/291462828163?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43dc89d083

I appreciate the response and I do not mean this as a smart alec reply in any way, but why should you have to pay hundreds of dollars to get a tutorial when you have paid so much for the software...is there anything free?  Sign Warehouse is certainly no help at all

All of my Flexi products have HELP at the top of the layout screen. > HELP TOPICS  That is your user manual.  Contents, Index, Search. ..

As well as youtube videos for Flexi

• Like 1

I appreciate the response and I do not mean this as a smart alec reply in any way, but why should you have to pay hundreds of dollars to get a tutorial when you have paid so much for the software...is there anything free?  Sign Warehouse is certainly no help at all

You time is free right? Just spend the next year or 6 months playing around on it every night for 2-4 hours and you can probably learn everything the tutorial lessons will teach you, or maybe not. I'm not being a smart alec back at you either just pointing out that most of the design software out there that is really good (Flexi, Illustrator, Corel, Inkscape etc...) takes quite a bit of effort to learn. I spent about 4 hours a night for 3 months with AI to get a good grip on it (doing an online class during that time that I paid for) and still learn new things fairly often. There is no easy button to push but tutorials can fast track you into action. It's a choice you have to evaluate on your own terms I think. In my estimation if you are willing to lay down the coin for Flexi which is widely accepted as THE END ALL for sign builders (Personally I prefer AI after doing a trial) then a little more toward being able to fully utilize your investment would not seem that much of a sacrifice. 

• Like 1