Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Sublimated Buttons?

I'm looking on another website and found they have FRP plastic buttons for sublimation. My questions are has anyone used these, how did they work, how do they look, and how long did they last?

I do FRP name tags and they look and hold up great but I've never seen the buttons.

Is it the type that comes with a small metal pin apparatus and you glue/stick them to the back of the button disc after they've cooled?

Unless they're uber-cheap, I can probably crank out buttons on my existing gear faster and a LOT cheaper than I could with sublimation.  My cost (in parts) per button now is less than $0.10... and I don't have to warm up the heat press...

• Like 1

Jones yeah they are the ones Coastal offers. They sparked my creative mind but if you don't think they are worth it not going do it.

Jones yeah they are the ones Coastal offers. They sparked my creative mind but if you don't think they are worth it not going do it.

If you don't have button making equipment, then they're probably worth doing.  I was just pointing out that for me, it's probably cheaper for me to do them without sublimation.   People love buttons!