Sign in to follow this  
TauntDevil

LaserPrint 24" Keeps cutting through vinyl...

Hello,

Sorry that this is my first post and I also know that the title doesn't make much sense.

Basically, the issue is that I send to my printer to cut out some decals but once it finishes each one, it will cut three lines through the decals which causes them not to look great and also to be a pain when weaving.

The application I am using is Sure Cuts A Lot Pro 3. I am trying to cut through Vinyl but each time, no matter the size. It cuts these lines through the decal.

Additional Info - Using 45 degree blade with 0.25 offset. 400mm/s and 108g for pressure.

Checked over the designs that I tested with and in the program, it doesnt show any lines going through other than grid lines which go through different parts of the decals.

When weaving, it is enough to pull out but will pull some of the decal with it as well so assuming not far out enough blade by just a slight.

Not sure what other information may help.

Any advice that may resolve the issue possibly?

Thank you in advance!

Did you activate the Sure Cuts A Lot Pro 3?  You have to, or it will be in demo mode and cut like that

Did you activate the Sure Cuts A Lot Pro 3?  You have to, or it will be in demo mode and cut like that

Ahh okay. Thanks for letting me know. I will activate it and try again tomorrow.

So.. I don't want to post another thread for this simple question I have about the cutter but since I couldnt exactly find what I was looking for, I guess I will ask in this thread.

I don't have a stand for my cutter. It is currently sitting on a table which I enjoy because below it, I can put tools and all for weeding, etc into. But because the vinyl is in rolls and is not below the cutter, how do I make sure it is aligned with the cutter when doing large cuts or many cuts? The tutorials only show with a cutter and to align the vinyl on the backside measuring marks to the front side, however, when on the table, it is kind of hard to do so without kinking thicker vinyl?

Everytime I search for the answer, all I find is how to do it with a stand and not without. Sorry all.

maybe put the cutter on a book case.  That is a major downfall when you don't have a stand.  Vinyl cannot move smoothly,, and drags against something. Pretty hard to align when it is doing that....Save up for a stand, you will enjoy it much better.  And much easier to work with..

maybe put the cutter on a book case.  That is a major downfall when you don't have a stand.  Vinyl cannot move smoothly,, and drags against something. Pretty hard to align when it is doing that....Save up for a stand, you will enjoy it much better.  And much easier to work with..

Can easily make one but really its more of the space needed for the stand instead that causes the issue :/