Hi People,

I've just recently purchased a Refine MH1351 plotter second hand from a friend's friend. Trying to get it to work at its full potentional. So far I've got it running on Windows 7 with SignCut Pro via USB2Serial and thats about it. Can't seem to make it work via normal com1 (serial) or ltp1 (printer) which comes out garbled as I'm trying to see if Flexisign works.

I'd like to know what programs you use and what your OS/System setups are.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mz Skeeter,

Well the device is connected via usb however the driver recognises it as a com4 port (serial) not as a standard usb. I also do have a serial port on my computer which is an Intel Quadcore 2.4gz. That serial port won't work?

the reason it isn't recognized as a true usb device is it has a emulation chipset that is flaky at best to simulate a usb port - that is why you have to install the ftdi drivers to get it to communicate thru the chipset with any usb connection.  you are much better using the serial connection in your computer than using the usb at all as long as you  do have that on the computer you are using - you will just have to make sure to use a null modem serial cable as a standard serial cable wont work.  remember the plotters do not work like printers so attempting to use it as one will never get you results you can use