Sign in to follow this  
Coaster36

New version of Inkscape

Just want to let everyone know there is a new version of inkscape. It looks like it has some new features so it might be worth a check. Im downloading it now.

• Like 3

Cool!  Thank you for sharing.  just downloaded- looks like it functions better than the last version I had :)

If it, (Inkscape,) is bogging down on you in the new version.  Try disabling the rulers.  I hang out in their chat room and some have reported the slowdown with on screen rulers enabled.  

What freaking setting did I change to limit my nodes when drawing a bezier line? It used to make as many nodes as I wanted now it only does 3. Its driving me crazy.

Well it seemed my mouse just wasnt happy. I guess it was sending a double click signal or something. It was driving me crazy.

It shouldn't matter.  But it never hurts to be safe.  One thing I have recently ran into with inkscape is a problem with the template files.   Use Super Tabloid or Super B paper often for drafts, (13"x19".)  I made changed the template file default.svg to be a Super Tabloid size.  

Due to some oddity in how the version of inkscape was storing viewport information, the file was corrupted.  The place to store the defuat.svg and configuration information is in the users folder.  On Windows this is normally in C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\inkscape.  Because I didn't remove that file, it was following me from version to version.

Moral of the story:  clear your preferences files occasional going to a new version.