Sign in to follow this  
jeremySI

Ce5000-60 not installing correctly

Can for the life of me figure this out. Never had a single issue back when I had a ce5000-120. Has anyone had any issues with running this with windows 8.1? I have tried to install it on two difference computers and it does not seem the drivers are correctly installing. If I recall after you install the drivers it shows up under printers, but for me it is just showing up under other devices as vinylexpressqe60. plotter controller does not see it connected.

Hoping someone has seen this before and knows a solution.

if it is showing up as a vinyl express I wonder if someone switched out the mainboard for a ve unit- if so they only work with the ve software due to a change of the chipset in the unit.  makes signwarehouse do all the support on the private labeled units and not graphtec.

I think Scott nailed it. If so say goodbye to any software from graphtec it just won't work with it. Trust me I have 2 vinyl express units so I have tried

yup, this bad boy has a ve mainboard. Time for seller to take it back or cough up some cash. Think the ce6000-120 is in my future anyways,

Only gripe is the version he sent with it is 7.5 which does not seem to like win 8.1 so I now have to go back to 7 on my laptop that I just recently updated to 8.1

or call sw and upgrade to the newest master plus for like $250-300 because you have the older version

ehhh I will just stick with this. I don't need it for any design capability so will just use it to open and cut stuff. Did pretty much the same thing before on my last cutter and flexi 8.5 or whatever it was I had .

You might be able to use SignBlazer Elements, it will work with Windows 7 for sure, but don't know about Windows 8,

You might be able to use SignBlazer Elements, it will work with Windows 7 for sure, but don't know about Windows 8,

not that I know of as I don't think the drivers for the vinyl express cutters are in signblazer and the graphtec ones wont work

I have the all cutter version of Signblazer..  All that I see is the Vinyl Express Panther, Jag, etc.  type cutters listed..from Signwarehouse.

I looked on that also,  Nothing.   No Q's,,,  But what is JSI Graphtec?     All the other Graphtecs are listed as Graphtec,  Plus the model...   Just curios

It also lists JSI PROK     and JSI SUMMA

not sure - I used to buy some stuff from JSI - wonder if at one time they had some private branded.  on the qe they change the chipset so none of the graphtec stuff will recognize it and it has to be supported thru sw.  they sell for a little less but with software that works with them they are a way to get graphtec quality at a discount.  heck the new 6000 series is like $500 cheaper and used they go for a little less than a graphtec but work every bit as good.  I have had at least 3 come thru here

LXI works perfectly fine, import and cut is all i need from it. Didn't care that much for signblazer when I used it in the past. Might be selling this off for bigger and better though.