jlugo98

Jaguar II-61, vinyl express panther win 7 usb driver help!!

hello, i have just go a panther (or jaguar II-61) from vinyl express (used) from ebay

but i have tried everything to get it to work using windows and usb, but i cant

when i try to install the drivers, it ask me to change the usb mode to common usb (from gcc usb)

but this model doesn't have under misc the option to change it (as on the jaguar 2 manual)

anyone can help me? does any one knows how to change the usb mode on this cutter? 

maybe it need a firmware upgrade, 1.2 actual, or can anyone help me?

thanks alot

It is a Signwarehouse.com product....Signwarehouse tech support should be able to help.

Maybe you could also explain what cutting software you are using,,,,

betting there are usb drivers not installed - but either way welcome from the USA.   

Thanks a lot! im in brownsville tx right now!!! i have the software, but windows 7 doesn't recognize the device, it just recognize usb-printing, but never relates it to the cutter! weird! I cut in corel directly!! 

Thanks a lot! im in brownsville tx right now!!! i have the software, but windows 7 doesn't recognize the device, it just recognize usb-printing, but never relates it to the cutter! weird! I cut in corel directly!! 

Corel is not cutting software...  Try a Trial  of Signcut.com..  Or  Signblazer which is older, but many people still use it.

hello but i have another question, i used to use my expert 24 with corel, with this jaguar will it not be possible? thanks

Maybe something here will help.  I don't know anything about your cutter

or   Contact GCC World or Signwarehouse tech support,  They know all about these cutters.

Just picked up a used one on Craigslist last week... what a solid workhorse!

Dusted off an old DOS manual to enable mode setting in autoexec.bat. (sets com1 attributes: MODE COM1: 9600,N,8,1,P)

I do not use the usb... connected to a Windows 10 desktop via com1 serial port... works fine with Sure Cuts A Lot Pro 4 as GCC output. (hpgl)

If you scroll to the comments line beneath this YouTube video you can find how that user enabled usb on this model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptyuLG7O2uY

If you (or others) like I can post pictures...

Good Luck!

4 hours ago, rocky53204 said:

Just picked up a used one on Craigslist last week... what a solid workhorse!

Dusted off an old DOS manual to enable mode setting in autoexec.bat. (sets com1 attributes: MODE COM1: 9600,N,8,1,P)

I do not use the usb... connected to a Windows 10 desktop via com1 serial port... works fine with Sure Cuts A Lot Pro 4 as GCC output. (hpgl)

If you scroll to the comments line beneath this YouTube video you can find how that user enabled usb on this model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptyuLG7O2uY

If you (or others) like I can post pictures...

Good Luck!

DOS ??????

What's that?

lol

hahahehe

5 hours ago, rocky53204 said:

just curious, why DOS? You can set those attributes through the Windows Control Panel, Device Manager.

36 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

just curious, why DOS? You can set those attributes through the Windows Control Panel, Device Manager.

Guess he just likes doing things the hard way.  LOL

19 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Never occurred to me... had no idea my attempt to help others would make me a target for ridicule. 

You're not being ridiculed, rocky.

We are just astonished that you suggested DOS commands. And you think that folks here are familiar with autoexec.bat ? Of course the responses here reflected some level of amazement at that!

Also, it has been suggested a million times throughout these Forums that the TRIPPLITE brand of adapter (USB/Serial Keyspan) is recommended. You got lucky with that Sabrent crossover cable, honestly.

3 hours ago, slice&dice said:

You're not being ridiculed, rocky.

We are just astonished that you suggested DOS commands. And you think that folks here are familiar with autoexec.bat ? Of course the responses here reflected some level of amazement at that!

Also, it has been suggested a million times throughout these Forums that the TRIPPLITE brand of adapter (USB/Serial Keyspan) is recommended. You got lucky with that Sabrent crossover cable, honestly.

Sorry... felt like I was being laughed at. No offense taken where none is offered. I've used Microsoft for so long I make false assumptions. May be one of the few on the forum who remembers using Windows 1 and prior. My first 'portable' was a Kaypro using CPM operating system... monochrome only.

I used no usb crossover... direct serial port connection. The Sabrent was used by the guy on YouTube.

back of the computer (old Xeon based server) and connection to the cutter... note adapter. (DB9 to 25)

101_0736.JPG

101_0737.JPG

I'm not making fun of you at all.   

I'm simply joking about the use of DOS.    I've hear of it but I'm too young to have any knowledge of how it works.   

2 hours ago, Go-C Graphics said:

I'm not making fun of you at all.   

I'm simply joking about the use of DOS.    I've hear of it but I'm too young to have any knowledge of how it works.   

so I guess the classes I took on Fortran and RPG2 would be a little lost too ;/

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Say What??????

:blink::blink:

Hated RPG... used on a minicomputer that filled a room.. 16K of core memory, punched card input...

A portion of the personal library... preferred pascal programming language.

101_0739.JPG

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rocky53204 said:

Hated RPG... used on a minicomputer that filled a room.. 16K of core memory, punched card input...

A portion of the personal library... preferred pascal programming language.

101_0739.JPG

but it taught you to be thorough and check your work first time around cause it was the next day before you would find out if you made a mistake lol

On 8/31/2016 at 2:15 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

By some of the peoples comments on here yup. 

You should be able to use a laptop,  You could purchase a Tripplite Keyspan adapter and (just guessing) a null modem cable to run from Tripplite Keyspan Adapter to the vinyl cutter. 

This is a Tripplite, and it must be this brand,  others won't work with a vinyl cutter.   Find the best price. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-PC-Mac-USA-19HS-1-Pack/222076446870?hash=item33b4c9a896:g:hp8AAOSwiiRZgphX