Sign in to follow this  
dwadham

Why can't I seem to get ahold of customer service

Well my MH-721 I just got has been having a lot of issues. I import an eps file and it starts to cut but then goes crazy and starts making lines across the page. Not sure what to do, Ive been reading lot on this forum and Ive been on hold for a while now. 

Do you work for USCutter? Is the the preferred way to get support?

thank you for your time.

Are you using sure cuts? If so it needs to be activated or it cuts lines through the design. At least something to check until help comes along.

this forum is really a user forum - the admins are volunteers from tn, mi and sc - staff rarely stop by but i did direct one here - the problems you are experiencing are common from not activating the scalp software and static from not running the ground wire from the stand to the cutter,  a search of static under the search box above will give lots of info but first make sure your software is activated

• Like 1

I know yesterday was especially crazy here (although I was out on vacation). It looks like we had a few people call out sick so we were down quite a few people. Anyways!

Sounds like it could be a few things. Either the software isn't activated, the drivers aren't installed properly (which is likely if you are running windows 8 with an MH) or static. I don't see too many static issues with the MH surprisingly so my guess is going to rest with the former. Try downloading the latest version of SCALP and activating the software with your serial number located on the back of the case your disc came in. Should be a 25 digit key with dashes every five numbers. 

Once you have the latest version of SCALP installed, go up to the help menu and select 'Install Driver'. It would seem that the latest version of SCALP makes installing the MH drivers on windows very easy. You should see the MH show up in your Devices and Printers as a USCutter Series. Go back in to SCALP and go to cut with cutter. Make sure that Connection is set to Printer and that Port is set to USCutter Series. Try that and see if that helps. If for some reason you're still just not getting those cuts to come out right, try and call in again. We should have our full staff back tomorrow and since it's not a Monday we should be able to get to the calls much faster since there hopefully won't be as many. Mondays are crazy and Monday afternoons especially. Sorry you had such a long wait time! Hope this helps!

I've had a number of long wait times with US Cutter, but it's always been worth the wait. Just keep in mind that maybe the wait time is because they're thorough with their troubleshooting and customer service, and they're giving the person before you as much time as they're willing to give you when you're up. 

I haven't had a bad experience with them yet, and when I've come to them with an issue that I've tried to troubleshoot on my own, they've always taken that into account, and will bump me up to reps with higher expertise as needed without wasting my time. 

I've also spoken with a few of them in person, when I had to drive 3 hours north to their warehouse in Seattle because my cutter crapped out, and they made sure I was good to go before I rolled out to go back home so I could get my orders out on time. I even got a follow-up call to make sure I was up and running. Yeah, wait times might be long, but hang around and you'll get good advice. 

Use your time on hold to take the advice you get here on the forums! I've solved a ton of problems by searching old posts; sometimes you just have to get creative with your search criteria. =) 

• Like 1

Also most calls are first users so instead of starting at the problem you are starting from scratch. Think car mechanic getting a call my car wont run and having to start with did you insert the key into ignation and troubleshooting from there. I do not envy their job as techs.

• Like 2