aestheticsigns

Converting jpeg to svg.

So I have looked at some online tutorials to help with a low res jpeg. Im trying to cut stickers for this company and the logo I have got is not tracing well even when I resample the Jpeg. Any Ideas on how to convert this? 

post-91646-0-93158200-1427382355_thumb.p

So I have looked at some online tutorials to help with a low res jpeg. Im trying to cut stickers for this company and the logo I have got is not tracing well even when I resample the Jpeg. Any Ideas on how to convert this? 

Hmm something fishy here.  They do their own design work..  So pay them the $50.  :lol:  For their own design...

Creative

Paying for the Design

Misc. Design - 50+
If you're needing major elements such as logos. graphics or characters our rates are $50 an hour
  • Like 1

What are you using to do the trace? And where did you find this logo online?

I tried quick trace and logo trace under the bitmap drop down. I got it off their facebook site. I asked him to send me a higher res file hopefully he just does that. 

I tried quick trace and logo trace under the bitmap drop down. I got it off their facebook site. I asked him to send me a higher res file hopefully he just does that. 

Their site states they are graphic artists, They design anything...in any file format and get paid to do it... So why would you ask for a jpeg (raster) file to cut in the first place..?  You need a vector file to cut.  They could produce that logo in any file format, at any size,  if they wanted you to have it..

• Like 5

I just was trying to get a head start before he emailed back. I guess just learning how to in the future if someone comes with a crappy jpeg. Im also having issues saving text as .SVG and importing it into SCALP. Any tricks I should know? Thanks folks I really appreciate it. 

Coreldraw. I figured out the text problem. I need to convert to curves before saving as .svg. I also just recreated the logo. Was super easy and the font was futura medium. Thanks again for the help everyone!