Sign in to follow this  
Grimey

A little confused...

Looking at picking up a Epson WF 7110 for sublimation. Looking at the Cobra site there seems to be lots of ink options with very little info. They are labeled "code69" "code 68" etc. What ink would I need? Feel like I'm way over my head with the sublimation stuff but it looks fun as hell also.

best way Grimey is to call Richard and have him set it up for you and answer questions - he has great customer service

• Like 2

The different codes are for what type of cartridges go with which printers.  For a WF7110,  you need Code 252XL cartridges.

You can buy a combo kit that includes 4 empty cartridges and sublimation inks which runs $113 - $193 depending on how much ink you order (note that sublimation ink has an open life of less than a year, so it's best to order smaller quantities more frequently than to buy large quantities unless you know for sure you're going to be doing a LOT of sublimation).

A CIS kit with sublimation ink is available as well for $230, which includes 4 oz. of each color of ink.  That is $37 more than cartridges with an equivalent amount of ink.

I'm a big fan of Cobra's CIS kits as I don't like refilling cartridges and the external tanks give a visual indicator of how much ink you have left.

Thanks guys. I realized what the codes were after I went and looked at something on my other printer. Dumb question now that I realize it lol.

FYI

When I bought he Empty Carts and ink, The Empty Carts came full...Bonus!  And it was with Sub ink as well.