Sign in to follow this  
bigmax

Insta 715

never done any "heatpressing". Afriend in the printing business Wwho also does a lott of signsand graphics gave me an INSTA press model 715. He said itt didn't work. Brought it tto my shop, lubricaled the bottom ram, swing away top and it all works. He didn't realize that air had to be connected to operate. Questtion is, the micro (limit) swittch is broken and when butttons are pressed, nothing happens. There is a red butttton on tthe air manifold when depressed, acttivatted the lower plattten. Anyone familuar enough with this product to advise. Seems to be a realy heavy dutty machine. Thanks in advance for any help !

Heat press nation sells an Insta 718 15"x 15" pneumatic for $3725. 

• Like 1

I came across 2 old insta presses that did not work.  Turns out the fuse and fuse holder caps where missing.  I thought, crap, how am I gonna replace these.  (As they are older models)  I called the company and what do ya know... they still carry parts and fixed me up!  My total was like 20 bucks and I had to fill out a special credit card authorization form and fax back to them before they would accept a credit card and process my order.  Kind of a pain in the @&* but got the parts and everything works!

Start out by giving them a call!

• Like 1

I came across 2 old insta presses that did not work.  Turns out the fuse and fuse holder caps where missing.  I thought, crap, how am I gonna replace these.  (As they are older models)  I called the company and what do ya know... they still carry parts and fixed me up!  My total was like 20 bucks and I had to fill out a special credit card authorization form and fax back to them before they would accept a credit card and process my order.  Kind of a pain in the @&* but got the parts and everything works!

Start out by giving them a call!

When I worked at the junk yard we did the cc auth. if you weren't standing there. Too much fraud out there.

• Like 1

still tinkering. Found micro limit switch (exact one) for half what Insta quoted me.should be here in a couple of days.thanks again everyone

Well your friend was right it didn't work but it could be fixed. Nice deal

Never got back to fo;;ow up. Switch done and works like a charm. HAPPY, HAPPY !! 

I'm a green beginner and someone is trying to sell me this Heat Press.  Is it good to start with.  He's offering a cap press and letters and numbers for $450.

Well, did one  T shirt job for local construction co. 15 doz. in asst. colors and sizes. Turns out not really interested in doing heatpressing. Anyone interested in the Insta Press at a really good price,   pm me

Would consider trade for a good used,  better grade cutter than my US Cutter S C model.

That thing is probably HEAVY.... shipping might be high.  Whats wrong with the SC?