Sign in to follow this  
Moody Blue

Some Truck Fun

I've been doing some work making color lettering overlays for a company, Boost-Bars, in Canada eh who makes aftermarket Raptor style grills for F-150s. Did some bartering with them and ended up getting one for myself. The top cap comes unfinished so I played off the Ford Super Duty and embossed Moody Blue and wrapped to match my truck.

post-84967-0-24585800-1427069216_thumb.j

post-84967-0-55666300-1427069229_thumb.j

post-84967-0-56402500-1427069247_thumb.j

• Like 5

Very subtle. I like it. 

Yeah I wanted something different but not too "loud" and take away from the actual new grill. Plus this was my first time doing an emboss. I'm happy with the outcome and have a few ideas for some upcoming projects as well  ;D

• Like 1

Aghhhhh STOP IT!!!!

I'm gonna go broke looking at this stuff!!  So Cool.  That Grill is off the hook man!

• Like 1

very nice = it is really nice to see someone doing classy wrap type stuff and graphics without all the gaudiness. keep it up.

• Like 4

How about a side view with those new rims!!

Hey, is that a matte clear wrap?  do you have it on the whole truck?  You know we have the exact same color truck and was looking thinking no way he found vinyl the same color. I'd be curious how you did that Embossed look.

Btw, side view of the truck with the new rims please   :)

I can't wait till it warms up here so i can remove those FX4 logos and do them in flat black

BTW, where did you get that grill

How about a side view with those new rims!!

Hey, is that a matte clear wrap?  do you have it on the whole truck?  You know we have the exact same color truck and was looking thinking no way he found vinyl the same color. I'd be curious how you did that Embossed look.

Btw, side view of the truck with the new rims please   :)

I can't wait till it warms up here so i can remove those FX4 logos and do them in flat black

BTW, where did you get that grill

Wheels won't go on until my tires come in hopefully within the next few weeks but will get a bunch of good pics once its done. Toyo got backordered due to demand so still waiting on those unfortunately. The color...get ready  ;D Oracal 951 Night Blue Metallic is an almost identical match to the Blue Flame Metallic paint. No wrap on the truck...I just wrapped the grill cap and as you can tell matches almost perfectly. Metal flake is a tad different but not enough for anyone to tell. To do the emboss just sanded the cap good and smooth and added the "Moody Blue" on there with 651 then wrapped over the top with my 951. Kind of sucks to use that vinyl to wrap but I did it wet and just took extra precautions to not tear or blemish it up. Grill came from a company called Boost-Bars and can buy them completely unfinished or finished with (my  B)) lettering kit, and/or the Raptor lights. 

• Like 2

Time to order some 951 Night Blue Metallic.  I have a Thule rack that would look bad ass in that color....Wooohooo Time to have some fun

Thanks for all the Info man!

• Like 1

it's that time of year to get em spruced up - just got the bak flip f1 on the truck after selling old one - I have to be able to lock things in my bed so it was a necessity for me.  reason for the f1 was it can hold 350lbs on top and reviews said it won't show the dings like the cheaper ones.  I liked the undercover but I want to tow the 5er with it partially closed so the 4 panel was a must over the 3 panel one.  going to miss the pace edwards rolling cover that was on the old one but it took up too much bed space for firewood etc.   just ordered some bright white waterproof LED lights to stick under the rails for light at night unloading with the tonneau closed = again te pace edwards had a light built on it and ruined me.  new ones won't be noticeable or get damaged being under the rail.  

Keep sharing the ideas guys

Time to order some 951 Night Blue Metallic.  I have a Thule rack that would look bad ass in that color....Wooohooo Time to have some fun

Thanks for all the Info man!

That would be nice. Share some pics when you do!

it's that time of year to get em spruced up - just got the bak flip f1 on the truck after selling old one - I have to be able to lock things in my bed so it was a necessity for me.  reason for the f1 was it can hold 350lbs on top and reviews said it won't show the dings like the cheaper ones.  I liked the undercover but I want to tow the 5er with it partially closed so the 4 panel was a must over the 3 panel one.  going to miss the pace edwards rolling cover that was on the old one but it took up too much bed space for firewood etc.   just ordered some bright white waterproof LED lights to stick under the rails for light at night unloading with the tonneau closed = again te pace edwards had a light built on it and ruined me.  new ones won't be noticeable or get damaged being under the rail.  

Keep sharing the ideas guys

Nice! The backflip is a great cover but unfortunately I cannot use one with the Prorac system over my bed..the rails sit too low to allow the panels to open so I settled with a roll up cover. Ive had it for 4 years now and no complaints. Did go back and add the LED lights inside to help light up underneath and that seems to be one of the best mods I have in these dark SC nights....besides my exterior LEDs that light up the night lol! My dad has the electric pace edwards on his super duty...minus the "box" it sits in up front I love that thing. 

• Like 1

Nice truck! , man I thought it was Raptor for a moment until I read the original post haha

• Like 1

heck I'm just jealous he got the fender flares and 2 tone paint . . . thinking of adding the 2nd color with wrap vinyl on mine  - not sure right now on spending the extra for the factory fender flares - truck was bad enough.  other thing for truck buyers I was happy when mine came with the view of the bed from the back up camera in the third brake light, that is actually not as good as in the tailgate as you cannot see directly behind the truck and really isn't needed to hook up the 5th wheel.  but that is what came on it along with the 3 way navigation system.  big screen in the center of the dash, lane assist screen in the instrument cluster and the physically and verbally assaultive reminder system in the passenger seat if she doesn't like the way it is going   :D

• Like 1

heck I'm just jealous he got the fender flares and 2 tone paint . . . thinking of adding the 2nd color with wrap vinyl on mine  - not sure right now on spending the extra for the factory fender flares - truck was bad enough.  other thing for truck buyers I was happy when mine came with the view of the bed from the back up camera in the third brake light, that is actually not as good as in the tailgate as you cannot see directly behind the truck and really isn't needed to hook up the 5th wheel.  but that is what came on it along with the 3 way navigation system.  big screen in the center of the dash, lane assist screen in the instrument cluster and the physically and verbally assaultive reminder system in the passenger seat if she doesn't like the way it is going   :D

I love the two tone with the matching flares. When I bought the truck back in 2009 it came standard with the plastic black flares (like the stock grill) and chrome trimmed heads and tails  :-\ . The 2011 FX2 trucks came with painted flares and the gray trimmed heads and tails...found a guy on F150forum parting out his factory FX2 parts (heads, tails, and factory Sterling Gray flares that matched my trim) and paid way under retail for everything.

My rear camera is in the emblem which I love but I don't have the screen in dash...mine is about 3"x2" in the rear view mirror. Cool and hidden, yes. Functional...depends on how good your eyes are lol. At least it shows the guides so hooking up a trailer is now a 1 man job with little to no "fidgeting" to get lined up. 

• Like 1

Wheels went on today with my new 35x12.5x20 Toyo ATIIs 

Oh yea

That thing is insane!  I gotta make some upgrades on mine big time.  I swear I get so many compliments on mine just because of the color....Even Girls like it  :)

Lookin good man looking good!

• Like 1

That is a nice looking truck. I've been dreaming of an F-150 and that's one of the two colors I like.  

Sure wish I could afford one right now!

• Like 1

That is a nice looking truck. I've been dreaming of an F-150 and that's one of the two colors I like.  

Sure wish I could afford one right now!

they are insane  - my new one cost more than my house did :(

they are insane  - my new one cost more than my house did :(

New ones are crazy expensive...thought about upgrading to a 2015 since my truck is 6 years old BUT its paid off so instead I upgraded the wife to an eddie bauer expedition and bought my mistress in blue some new shoes  ;D

• Like 2

New ones are crazy expensive...thought about upgrading to a 2015 since my truck is 6 years old BUT its paid off so instead I upgraded the wife to an eddie bauer expedition and bought my mistress in blue some new shoes  ;D

mine is a 2013 and I'm keeping it forever!  Prices are nuts, Hell, mine was 40+  thats insane!

If I had your truck and it was paid off I would not be looking!!!  

• Like 2

we only trade every 10 years- get one - payit off then the other one of us gets a new vehicle - so each one of us drives it 10 years - last one I drove almost 12 but only had 73,000 on it.  stacey's journey has been stored for the most part of 18 months since she started commuting (driving the beetle from hell) and has about 55,000 on it after 6 years - she drives a whole lot more than I do before the commute.   my last truck went to seattle, san francisco, maine, dc,lots of camping trips and only had the 73K after 12 years. hers was mainly around the area -  how you put that kind of miles on around your area is beyond me.