Jesse F.

I'm here to help!

to those long term non paid helpers/techs I truly believe that the forum and the group here is a big contributing factor to usc's growth and success.  having help in the middle of the night is hard to come by and I think the reason signwarehouse had crashed the past couple years - there forum was a utter failure and support dropped drastically aiding in the decline allowing usc triple or quadruple in that same time.

To those that donate all the time to help on the forum I salute you!   no need to name names as you know who you are and everyone else does too!

Thank You to all the volunteers

Yes to the fact that it is a better than average community here.  It should be fostered carefully.  I am not sure what that fostering might look like, just that care should be taken.  

Take the Corel forums.  Those forums for Draw and their other products had a fine group of people.  Recently they changed forum software.  It was like a train wreck.  Now the forum probably looks really nice on a phone or a tablet, but nobody there liked the change.  It threw gloom into an other wise sunny place.

Bottom line, just take care USCutter of your nice forum.

• Like 2

Yes to the fact that it is a better than average community here.  It should be fostered carefully.  I am not sure what that fostering might look like, just that care should be taken.  

Take the Corel forums.  Those forums for Draw and their other products had a fine group of people.  Recently they changed forum software.  It was like a train wreck.  Now the forum probably looks really nice on a phone or a tablet, but nobody there liked the change.  It threw gloom into an other wise sunny place.

And ALL the great people who voluntarily help to keep it on track!

:)

we went thru that on the last software change - we lost the ability to search all the threads older than about 2 years ago losing a lot of valuable information.  only person that can find those old threads now in a search is skeeter - but then again she can find past dirt on a monk lol

• Like 2

I'm one of the newbies...yeah yeah yeah....Probably spent at LEAST 30 hours reading this forum whether I was signed in or out. I found out that that the T-shirt forum is a good place for info, but they seem to really push the more expensive machines, not enough accurate feedback on the cheaper machines that USC sells. They mention that USC has a BBB rating of "F". But looked like there were only 7 reviewers that reviewed it. I'm with another forum on kayak fishing, and this format is close to what I'm used to :)

So my $$$ is VERY limited, so I have to go on the cheaper side for now. All the help I've been getting has been FANTASTIC :) !!!!!! Well, until now...Now I'm just confused of what to do (see my latest post under Introductions).

Jesse, thanks for joining the forum, hope you can help the others with a (old) newb like me :)

Aloha,

Fustrated In Hawaii

(yes, I realized later I spelled Fustrated wrong, but oh well, too late ;) )

You can go into your settings and change your name.  Hopefully by the time it's done it will be Happyinhawaii

• Like 1

Thanks Jaybird ;)

Dawn, lot of people think that. They move here, and between 1-5 years, they move back home = too expensive to live. My wife and I live "VERY" moderately...There ARE a LOT of rich people among a LOT of people poorer than me. But, that's the same everywhere else. Visiting a friend in North Carolina and my in-laws in Florida (it was work-related at the time, so THEY paid  :) !!!), 3 or 4 bedroom houses with good sized yards were between $180,000 to $350,000. Over here, they would have costed 3x that. My dad's bought their house (single-walled construction) in 1963 for $19,000. Now the government is taxing what they estimate the same house is worth $700,000. Yeah...right!!!  My mother always said "We pay for the weather". :)

Sorry for the hijack ;)

FH

• Like 1

Thanks Jaybird ;)

Dawn, lot of people think that. They move here, and between 1-5 years, they move back home = too expensive to live. My wife and I live "VERY" moderately...There ARE a LOT of rich people among a LOT of people poorer than me. But, that's the same everywhere else. Visiting a friend in North Carolina and my in-laws in Florida (it was work-related at the time, so THEY paid  :) !!!), 3 or 4 bedroom houses with good sized yards were between $180,000 to $350,000. Over here, they would have costed 3x that. My dad's bought their house (single-walled construction) in 1963 for $19,000. Now the government is taxing what they estimate the same house is worth $700,000. Yeah...right!!!  My mother always said "We pay for the weather". :)

Sorry for the hijack ;)

FH

It won't take you long to see hijacked threads are the norm around here. most of us are pretty laid back and go with the flow.

• Like 1

Hello Jesse,

I am a newbie to the vinyl cutting industry. So I am still learning bit by bit. I talked to you a while back on the phone about my cutter not moving at all when I push the arrow keys. You walked me through opening the covers and unplugging wires to mother board. It all worked after that thank you.

My new problem, I have went over the step by step instructional video to set up the laser for countour cutting. When I check the laser by turning it on, the laser jumps right on the dot that I made with the pen. I do this over and over and it works out. I did the arrow example like in the video about 20 times now, and I get the exact same pen mark in the same place, but it is wrong. I attached a jpeg of what I get. Can u please help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I have several order already, and the only problem I am having thus far, is this. Thank you.

Norma

post-92020-0-44528000-1428371450_thumb.j

I hate to say it but I'm not seeing a whole lot of help coming from the company. Still the unpaid helpers carrying the load which I suppose is how it has always been. I was just hoping to see a little more hands on help for some of the new people. 

The silence is deafening......................................

post-6159-0-56678600-1429308060_thumb.jp

• Like 2