gcextreme

Cutter wont work on new computer...

Last night i got it to work...tonight same issues, not working. Nothing has changed..wtf?

And this is why I stay back on XP,,,, and picked up XP back ups. for less than $100,  FREE ship.   pushing 9 years no problems,

Yea...my old desktop has XP pro as well as my laptop.

This is the first big snag ive had with windows 8.1

Ok got it to work, for some reason the settings in SBE went back to USB001, and i had to select USB002 and now its cutting.

Its weird, yesterday there was no USB002 in SBE, just USB001, and it was selected and it cut, with the printer device itself with its preferences on USB002.

Does each USB port have its own number? or are the ones in front 2, and the ones in the back of the tower 1?

At some point, you have to be expecting Signbazer not to be functioning correctly with windows programs, as it has not been updated for years... I would guess the very reason that UScutter got away from it...  I thought you had a design software like Illustrator...  You do have cutting master..2 or 3.    But I personally chose Flexistarter...Very user friendly...

Yes i have Illustrator with my CS5 bundle.

But i never figured out how to install and configure the plugin...

I may try that this weekend.

I kinda prefer SBE, the simplicity of it overall is just great.

Go back and read the user manual.. It explains how to and in what order.   Cutter COMMAND requires GP-GL

Yeah  i will work on it later this week or this weekend. I still have lots of other programs and files to transfer to my new machine. 

Im keeping the laptop for backup and for mobile use when i go to shows, etc..

Also keeping my old desktop for a file backup, and for some of all my games i have on it, not sure which games will work on this new system.

I don't get alot of time anymore to play games, i used to be big into WW2 flight sims, and the Battlefield series.

And I still have to transfer all my website files and get all my ftp stuff setup as well to connect to my websites thru the new machine.

And then theres pics and music i gotta transfer too, lots to do.

I only have a few vinyl orders to get done this week tho.

You should have a computer dedicated to cutting only,  No Games, no other BS...  Only designs and cutting... I have an XP for that less than $75.00, plus another XP laptop,  as back up, ready to go..  Software loaded, all files..   I have the laptop I play with like for here, and everyday crap.  which is also an XP.  If I would need a part,, they are all pretty much alike,  I have borrowed parts til I can get 1 in.  Screen etc,   Toshiba Satellites XP. 

My laptop has been the only computer i have been using for cutting for the last 2 years. 

I will still use it alot, but it will be nice to use the new desktop occasionally,

LOL,  Sometimes when I just have a quick order,  I close the lid and  set a laptop on top of a laptop,   Do the order, and put cutter laptop back on table out of way out of the way, when done.

You might also like the Graphtec Studio software, that is available on Graphtec site..  It had more on it than I figured it would.