gcextreme

Cutter wont work on new computer...

Ok i got my new desktop setup, got SignBlazer installed, got the Graphtec Cutting plotter program installed, have the Copam 2500 driver selected, with USB001 selected in SBE, still wont communicate with the plotter.

What am i missing?

i dont think so, but the cutting controller opens, so it must? right? on my old one the controller would give an error if the plotter wasnt plugged in

Yeah I don't use the controller program so I can't don't know about that. Do you hear the little sound from the computer when you plug in the USB? if you do not hear it then the driver probably isn't installed correctly.

If you go into control panel and look at your devices and printers is the Graphtec shown?

It does make a sound when i plug it in, but no its not listed in my devices...

im on windows 8.1

I don't use 8, I use 7. Maybe try reinstalling the driver, did you get the driver from the Graphtec website?

when i change the Cutting setting in the controller, the machine powers up and adjusts, its just not getting the data to cut from SBE.

Ok i hooked it back up to my laptop, its cutting fine, so its just a communication problem between my new pc and the plotter.

Gotta figure this out

Ok i now can see the cutter in the printer device list, and when i go to cut, is shows a printing  job in the que for the job list, but says error-printing.

I will have to work on this later this week...i dont know what the issue is.

The cutting controller can control and move the cutter, its just stupid SBE isnt communicating with it.

Try selecting a different USB # under "output device" in the setup menu in SBE.

I'm sure you've tried restarting the computer. Under the device manager window go to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", find the USB Composite Device and uninstall it, then scan for hardware changes.

If that doesn't work, then you can right click on the USB Composite Device and choose update driver software, then select the correct driver.

Might work, might not.

What the hell. Im on my phone now cuz i cant use my keyboard or mouse on the computer!! What do i do now!! Wtf

Unplug and replug in the usb receiver for the mouse and keyboard. They should reinstall and start working.

yep did that, got that working.

im off to bed, gotta work on this later.

thanks.

NEVER MIND...just got it working!! woohoo.

In the printer prefences there was a list of ports, and there was another USB002 along with the USB001. I selected the 2 one and BOOM the cutter started cutting the job!! WOOHOO

I dont know why that usb2 wasnt in the other sbe list.

• Like 2

When I set up my Graphtec on my new laptop, I had almost the same exact problems.  I had to drop my firewall before it would recognize the cutter. Not sure why, and I can't remember where I read the suggestion, but it worked for me so give it a shot, and hopefully it'll help.