Sign in to follow this  
lablover

Vinyl for Coro signs

So got the neighbor job coming up who wants sponsors names put on her already printed "Hole Sponsored by" cheap a$$ online signs she bought...Whooppss...Anyway

I did one with 651 and it came out ok.  Seems like it wants to bubble a tiny bit in the corp area or in the little grooves.  Would I be better off using 751 ??

Also, she has some that she wants to be able to take the Vinyl off at the end of the event to re use the sigh..I was thinking 631 for that is my only option.  Never used Coro before so not sure if I have some things I will run into that are "Different"

The one I did came out nice enough.  I think the 631 idea is...well......cheap  :)

Thanks All

joe

Ive used both 651 and 751 for them. If you are seeing bubbles I would recommend doing a wet install. I don't soak the signs but add just a little "lubricant" to make the vinyl go on a little easier. I also found this technique extremely helpful when doing large banners as well. 

• Like 1

I use 651 all the time for coro and i apply with a wet install and it works great for me..

I used to do coroplast wet. Then I got myself the 15" Big Squeegee and do all dry now. Works great once you get used to how to properly use it.

• Like 2

And removal with any of the standard vinyls is no problems.

just for ease of removal I would do the 631 and remove right away after event - like john I do them all dry and work across the groves so I am laying it down in each groove as I swipe the bs across the coro

No BS here but I still go across like Scott said and very rarely get a bubble.

Outstanding.......Thanks for the tips...I mean these bubbles are like microscopic...I'm so damn anal it's a bad thing  :)

I get those if I overlap app tape. Drives me nuts.

Wipe it with a dryer sheet, right before applying vinyl, it'll help with some of the static bubbles.

I'm going to try that on the back of staceys jeans when she gets home tonight to see if that works - too many bubbles

• Like 4

I'm going to try that on the back of staceys jeans when she gets home tonight to see if that works - too many bubbles

Nice knowing ya' pal..

• Like 4

I hate to say this but for a short duration like you are having on those signs I would actually go with the Green Star vinyl. It's a rarity that there is the right application but that would qualify for it in my book. It's thick, cuts and weeds pretty good and would pull back up easy. 

• Like 2

I hate to say this but for a short duration like you are having on those signs I would actually go with the Green Star vinyl. It's a rarity that there is the right application but that would qualify for it in my book. It's thick, cuts and weeds pretty good and would pull back up easy. 

I agree

However, she said they have the same people sponsor holes every year so for those I was going to use 651 and she can leave it on  :)

Gonna check on some of that greenstar

I agree

However, she said they have the same people sponsor holes every year so for those I was going to use 651 and she can leave it on   :)

Gonna check on some of that greenstar

Sounds like a good plan. The GS is very cost efficient material. Is that the PC way put it? LOL. I use it for blast resist and my niece is big into disc golf and dye stains a lot of discs and it works good as a stencil for her. Those are my main two applications besides covering shelves (yes really). Have built a few temporary signs with it and as far as cutting and weeding goes it's pretty easy to work with.

I stuck some black on the side of a 40 ton articulated rock truck to cover up an existing painted logo of previous owner and then used 651 for some new white lettering. Kind of did it as a trial run to see what would happen figuring that no matter what I put on it was going to be beat up pretty quickly. They ran that bed for about a year and then pulled it off and I was surprised how well it held up. Maybe the peening action from all the gravel hitting it helped it out or whatever but it held up really well as a large under-layer. You have to look pretty close to even see the black but it's there. 

post-20133-0-55532400-1426693375_thumb.j

post-20133-0-30320500-1426693388_thumb.j