Sign in to follow this  
Shinycard255

Newbie here

I am looking into purchasing my first cutter.  I've been eyeing the SC Series since it's compatible with Macs.  Just for some simple decals here and there.

My question, is it easy to transfer artwork from AI to SCALP to cut?  Is there a plug-in I should know about?

Welcome,

AI imports into SCALP 3 & 4 perfectly on a PC, no extra plug-in required.

Welcome. If you can't import like you want look into signcut pro. I use a plug in that allows me to format everything in illustrator...more comfortable in Ai than cutter software...and just use signcut to simply cut the vinyl

Thanks for the info!  I've heard SignCut Pro get tossed around a bit when I was browsing prior to making this topic.  I'm assuming it's pretty straight forward to import into SCALP?

If you are using SCALP it will probably cut for you, I believe it is mac compatible and will import from AI probably from a plug-in or at least as a native AI file of some version or other. 

SignCut Pro is a cutting only program that a lot of us mac users like and works great but is either a subscription or a dongle lifetime purchase thing. SCALP will come with your cutter most likely. If you happen to find a cutter with a lifetime SignCut dongle, do that. You can even sell off the dongle if you decide you don't like it. They are transferable and cost about $400 to just buy.