Hi,i have a problem whit the mh 871

1. The blade start to cut in one point of the letter and finish in just a little on the side just like the machine no remeber the starting point

2.i do a cut when starting another the machine start to do lines ,i need to push the reset button to the machine works good .

Thanks for the answers and advise

here is the photo post-91660-0-56556700-1425994933_thumb.j

Hi,i have a problem whit the mh 871

1. The blade start to cut in one point of the letter and finish in just a little on the side just like the machine no remeber the starting point

2.i do a cut when starting another the machine start to do lines ,i need to push the reset button to the machine works good .

Thanks for the answers and advise

here is the photo attachicon.gifIMG_0046.jpg

if see the letter O in the top you see clear  the problem and the top of i .

i use Flexi sign 

and windows 8

You have any of three possible sources of issue, well 4 if you count that the MH 871 is the bottom of the barrel for quality. 

1. Check blade depth. All sorts of issues can come from too much blade sticking out. Do a search for setting blade depth. Skeeter may come along and copy paste the procedure but you only want the tiniest of amount out. When cutting look at the blade holder with a light and you should barely see any space between the holder and the vinyl. There is some bad instruction out there that talks about 1/2 of a credit card but that is way too much. 

2. You may need some overcut set so it will finish the cut. Try an overcut the same distance as your blade offset for a starting point and see if it makes any difference. You can dial in from there. I have never had the MH so I don't know if there is a normal overcut setting that people run. Someone may come along and chime in on that. 

3. You may be dealing with off-tracking which may be caused by several issues including loose drive shaft or not having the pinch rollers over a knurled traction part of the shaft. 

In addition to what wildgoose said, looks like you may need to also adjust your blade offset. Not the cause of your problems, but it will sharpen up those corners.

• Like 1

What software are you using? Could be a software/driver issue. If you're not using SignBlazer, download it and give it a try.

What software are you using? Could be a software/driver issue. If you're not using SignBlazer, download it and give it a try.

OP states using Flexisign....but doesn't state what version they are using with windows 8....There are different versions compatible with different operating systems...  Something's not right there.  $3000+  software,   $300 vinyl cutter.    I guess people think an expensive software will make a bottom of the barrel cutter, cut better,  This cutter will not cut any better than it was manufactured to cut....And the MH cutter has the least quality of all.

• Like 3

OP states using Flexisign....but doesn't state what version they are using with windows 8....There are different versions compatible with different operating systems...  Something's not right there.  $3000+  software,   $300 vinyl cutter.    I guess people think an expensive software will make a bottom of the barrel cutter, cut better,  This cutter will not cut any better than it was manufactured to cut....And the MH cutter has the least quality of all.

Yes you  got the point.jus buy this machine for cover a job ,because my grapthec need the front panel.

Hey guys thanks for the help i download the file CSM us cuttrer driver for flexi and in the settings the off set on 0.021 and cut really nice 

thanks for give me light for the problem.

• Like 1