Sign in to follow this  
TT57

First Mug Sub

first mug to sub with new press. I need to learn Corel and how to set this press. Got it from USC and i think it did good but setting the time and temp was/is tricky. I thought i set it to 370 F as suggested and time. While waiting for it to heat up i noticed that it stopped at 250 and went into a holding pattern. It would loose heat then reheat. I also DID have a blank mug in it as recommended. SO i went ahead and pushed the start button to see what it would do. It heated on up and immediately while heating began the count down. When it got to the correct temp i replaced mugs and began the count again. 

Any ideas :huh: 

post-36131-0-60174400-1425975500_thumb.j

post-36131-0-36313100-1425975518_thumb.j

• Like 2

I cant tell from the picture but do you have light fading on the ends by the handle? Also Corel is an easy program to learn it will take a little bit like every program. As for the temp ordeal, I remember I bought a china heat press on the big auction site. I remember it would heat up to a certain temp, and then removed the sacrificial mug placed the one you wanted to sublimate. Clamped the mug in, pressed start and it would go up to the right temp and start counting down. Such a pain in the butt that's why I went mug wraps however for single sided I was thinking of getting a mug press again. And your mugs look good first try you say? I'm a little jealous.

• Like 1

There are a lot of YouTube videos on using Corel which should get you started.

If you have $25/mo to spare, you can sign up for Lynda.com (cancel at any time) and go through their online classes - they cover tons of other software, not just CorelDraw  so if you have the time and the $25 you can fit in an awful lot of training in just one month.

"First Mug Shot" lol not what I was expecting  :police:

ohhh ohhh I'm good at taking mug shots  :lol: 

looks good!

• Like 2

The 250 it heated up to is the pre temp then there is the sublimation temp which i set mines to.

Pre temp 365

sublimation temp 385

timer 100

i get perfect cups

• Like 1

Madhattergraphix, nothing faded onto the handles . Actually there is about 1/2 inch fade from each side of the handle since the press closes to the handle. (make sense?)

Thanks for the help everyone. 

AND- that is my FIRST EVER mug shot Moody Blue !!!!!

dakotagrafx= you mighen need intervention if you have had more than one mug shot !! LOL
  • Like 1

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/user/35756-madhattergraphix/'>Madhattergraphix, nothing faded onto the handles . Actually there is about 1/2 inch fade from each side of the handle since the press closes to the handle. (make sense?)

Thanks for the help everyone. 

AND- that is my FIRST EVER mug shot Moody Blue !!!!!

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/user/2742-dakotagrafx/'>dakotagrafx= you mighen need intervention if you have had more than one mug shot !! LOL

lol I was taking the mug shots not having one taken. That fade is from the handle wicking away the heat from the press so that area is cooler causing the fade. The very reason I don't use a mug press and use wraps
  • Like 1

I design to stay away from the handle and 1/2" up from the bottom for that reason. Don't do enough to justify turning on a toaster oven for wraps.

• Like 1

Very nicely done. I like it came out great.

Yup the fade is normal )commenting on previous statement) I prefer mug wraps myself usually if I have a large order I use the mug wraps also if I need 4 mugs done I fire up the toaster oven.

• Like 1

i hit that zone now printer messing up on me. Clogged. :(