iamandy

Choosing a better transfer tape

I'm currently using 4076, however the corners of tape never stays attached very well. Is there a better tape that will last longer? If I tape a bunch of small decals for a show, the corner come up before I even get there. 

+1 for Rtape AT65. It's great for retail decal sales.

I bought a roll of this a few weeks ago and just used it this past weekend. Great stuff! Plan on phasing out most of my paper tapes in favor of the AT65.

Keeping some paper for wet applications and such.

• Like 1

Would you recommend the clear tape for shipping larger decals to customers? My only issue is I use clear tape in the past (not sure what) and I had a hard time getting the decal off the tape 

Would you recommend the clear tape for shipping larger decals to customers? My only issue is I use clear tape in the past (not sure what) and I had a hard time getting the decal off the tape 

I had same results with AT60, so I stopped using clear. After reading reviews on the AT65, decided to give it a try, releases much better with 651 vs the AT60.

I've been using AT75 on 651 for a long time. It's good stuff. HT55 for 631.

I have had pretty good luck with the Clear Choice AT65 tape. It's a medium tack so occasional issues with picking up from the carrier can be expected but it releases nice. I use it primarily for small graphics that I sell to self applicators and crafters that want to see better. I still prefer paper tape for most of my own applications though. 

If you are going clear just DON'T use the GreenStar clear tape. I had bought a 24" roll back when I started and it sucked so bad I didn't dare sell it to anyone so I have been slowly using it up on my own jobs here and there and it's miserable to work with, especially if the weather is slightly cold. I finished the roll off just last week and almost posted a rant about the stuff. 

• Like 1

I use the 4075 & 4076 with RLA and rarely have an issue with curling edges but I think I may give the AT65 a try. Does the AT65 tunnel from being rolled or from temp changes? I had those issues when using AT60.

I use AT75 high tack for my 651 stuff and it sticks and pulls flawlessly.  So I would think nothing less of the AT65 when needing medium tack.  However, the material will eat squeegees like crazy!  Definitely invest in some spares

• Like 1

I use the 4075 & 4076 with RLA and rarely have an issue with curling edges but I think I may give the AT65 a try. Does the AT65 tunnel from being rolled or from temp changes? I had those issues when using AT60.

Temperature changes will always mess with clear tape. I never roll mine up very tight because I think it actually stretches a little bit when you do. Clear has it's place but paper is better most of the time IMO. 

• Like 1