Sign in to follow this  
Scottyy

Started to have some issues

My CE5000-60 was starting to have some issues now that it is two years and three months old.

I decided it was time for a new cut strip, blade and a good cleaning.

The adhesive left behind from the old cut strip was a nightmare.

Hopefully everything will be back in order now.

IMG_1209_zps1jlujoh3.jpg

This is the problem I was having.

IMG_1193_zpszvzdhn8m.jpg

IMG_1194_zpsjdnpngzd.jpg

IMG_1195_zpsojc3kqd8.jpg

wow - never tore one down that far for a cutting strip but you are right about that adhesive - some others had it come off with the strip but I have never been that lucky.  it does make you much more careful about cutting the strip after you replace one :)

• Like 1

I ended up tearing it down a bit more just to get everything clean as new. Overall these things are very simple.

I removed the bottom beam just so I could use 3m adhesive remover on it.

My cut strip seemed fine with no cuts or dents etc. It just seemed very glazed over from running so much material across it.

I am going to reassemble tonight and hopefully everything will be good tomorrow morning.

My cut strip seemed fine with no cuts or dents etc. It just seemed very glazed over from running so much material across it.

I am going to reassemble tonight and hopefully everything will be good tomorrow morning.

If there were no cuts / gouges or grooves on the cutter strip then I don't think it would have needed replacing,  unless it was starting to come loose and wasn't level.

• Like 2

Glazed.?  I thought teflon was glazed,,  It is to keep it smooth and not sticking..  I agree above,  No gouges, nicks etc,,,,level...I would not have messed with it....

• Like 2

My dad  used to say, "If it ain't broke, you ain't finished fixin' it".

• Like 3

I have put a few hundred yards of material through it so far and everything is cutting perfect  ;D  ;D

• Like 1