twicoin

Graphtec feeding the roll when sending a cut file

I have a graphtec ce5000 and use corel draw x6 for all my drawing. I send to the cutter with cutting master 3.

I must have chenged something and no matter what settings I try it stull does the same thing. Even on a small 8" x 8" design. When I send the cut job to the cutter it will start unwinding a roll. I have not let it unwind the entire roll but it has done 10-12' before I can hit the pause button. Then I clear the job but have to shut the machine off and restart as it just keeps saying "clearing buffer" and the fan goes and goes and no buttons work.

I have not had the issue long and not sure what I did. I set the origine at the front right corner and thats what it is in the drawing but it just starts unwinding.

I may have to get the old copam back out again if this keeps up.

Any ideas on what might have changed?

Thanks for any info.

Terry

If using a roll, select roll at start up....  If sheet select sheet.....  Also if other problems,  try factory reset...While turning power on, hold down the UP arrow

Thanks for the reply Mz Skeeter

I have tried all the media select at start up. They function as they should. Did the factory reset several times now and still . Hit send to cutter and it just starts unrolling media. Then I hit pause, cancel job, clear buffer and it just says clearing buffer and never stops until I shut the maching down.

I am stumped.

Do you mean it is feeding the vinyl thru the machine at an amount not wanted ?  If so check that the media sensor in the back is not dirty.  Maybe it is looking for the end,, Are you selecting Origin before send to cut......  Also you can turn those sensors off.  Pinch roller and media.  I turned mine off day 1. 

No, it's not looking for the end and yes I mean it is feeding through the machine. I tried just loading a sheet in and hit page not roll on the start up and the sensors both front and rear seem to read it fine.

Thanks for your help.

yup, Made sure of that one.

Giving up for the night.

Thanks for your help.

I have sign cut pro that I was running with my copam but have yet to get that set up properly. I will be working on that today.

Thanks for the help.

Make sure “Auto Pre-feed” is turned off. It’s located in the Advanced tab under Cutters (the last button on the right).  

Al

Thanks for the help folks.

Auto feed is off, tried factory reset went to Japanese and took me a while to figure how to change back to English. Reset origin, tried switching to HP-GL but wouldn't recognize that. Taped over the media sensors. I does seem to recognize if I select sheet and both front and back sensors pick it up.

I tried running my sign cut pro and it seems to recognize the cutter as the cutter fan starts up but will not make a cut.

Have tried making new drawing in corel draw but seems to all do the same. When I hit send to cutter in cutting master 3 the media feeds through the machine to the end or until I hit pause and then I have to turn off the machine to reset.

When you switched to Signcut..Did you change the Command to HP-GL?  You must.  HP-GL is for software other than Graphtec

Did you ever try going into background settings and turning off the media sensor.?..  While turning the power on Hold down the DOWN arrow, 

I don't even use the media sensors on my machine.

Thanks Skeeter.

I set up to HP-GL and SC is now cutting. Starting at the origin like it should but the design its cutting is very jaggy. Like cutting a thousand little 1/32nd cuts so it's very jittery and takes a long time. I am going to try another simple design and see if it does the same thing.

Getting closer anyway. I wish I know what I changed to start this thing off like it is.

Thank you.

OK, I just made a square and a circle. Cut the square nice and fast but the circle was all jittery. Almost like cutting dashed lines but the blade is not picking up.

I may just have to start drinking again.

Do you use the Graphtec Cutting Controller?  If not download it and try and use the settings from your computer and not the machine it's self.  It will run on Condition 9...  I never run from my machine.  Only from the Graphtec Cutting controller.  I load the vinyl, prefeed it, and hit origin,  that is all I do from my machine.  All other settings  speed, force, quality etc, are changed from my computer.

Maybe try installing the driver again...

There is another person on here that has problems now with their CE6000,  because he upgraded the firmware....His ran good until he did that..

• Like 1

I read that thread and have not upgraded the firmware.

I am reloading all the drivers and cutting master and plotter controller files right now.

Reloaded all the Graphtec stuff and it seems to be working fine again.

Just want to say Thank you for all the help. It is much appreciated.

• Like 2

Thank you.

I just sent a job to it now. Looks like it's back on track

Thanks again.

I just want to personally thank Mz Skeeter.  

I sold him this plotter a few weeks ago and I felt bad he's having problems with it. 

Glad he's got it resolved now.   

twicion - nice to see you around here.   We have a bunch of awesome men and women here who are always willing to go the extra mile to help people out.  

• Like 2