Sign in to follow this  
Gravity

Heat Transfer Hoodie with smaller press

I have a little hobby lite 9x11 heat press I believe is the size, it is the smaller one.

How would you recommend I do hoodies? I am just wanting to create 3-4 hoodies for personal use and don't really want to buy a bigger heat press if I am not going to do these on a steady basis. 

How would you do the full length arms? Would you press half and then the other half?

I will be using siser easy weed. 

Also, how would I find the middle back of the hoodie?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

It will work. For center back fold the garment in half and press it to form a crease. Be sure and hold it up after this to be sure it looks right because it's possible to make the crease wrong and fool yourself so I always double check. 

Siser is real forgiving because you can peel hot or cold which means that you can press part of the work and move it over and press the rest and just peel it after it cools down. For sleeves the seam sometimes causes issues. I sometimes use a long skinny pressing pillow to make sure I'm getting good even pressure. (My new press I bought a special platen but that's cheating) For the front and possible the back you can probably turn the hoodie so the 11" long is now 11" wide and do a lot of normal sized designs. Bigger platens are much easier to use but you should still be fine, just more tedious. 

Thank you!!

I am hoping these turn out, I don't do heat transfer very often and want to do a few hoodies. 

Thanks again.

If people can pull of using a hand iron (and I hear they do) then you are already worlds ahead of that kind of job. Worst case you get some lifting and have to re-press. The general consensus on the forum is get enough heat and pressure than you can see the weave of the fabric through the vinyl. That pretty well guarantee's successful adhesion. If you have an infra-red temperature gun to check the actual operating temp it's a good idea to use it and make sure you are where you think you are on the heat.

Or if you turn the sleeve at an angle you should be able to press what (A squared plus B squared equals C squared?) about 14"!

• Like 1