lablover

Foam pad

So, I've been getting top platen edge lines on my golf towels.  Coastal recommends foam pad under towel smaller than platen so the edges don't hit the towel.

Do I need any special foam or could I get something at like Hobby Lobby or Joanns?  I could order it from coastal but I don't want to wait  :)

Thanks all

Joe

There is a foam kit from Conde. I can't tell what kind of foam it is but there is a good sized roll and you cut your sizes from it. So far it seems to be able to withstand more than one use. I have only used it a a few times though so I don't have a good experience to pull from. 

• Like 1

I had bought the foam kit from coastal to do t-shirts and it seems to be the same foam they use for air conditioner insulation around the windows.

I use the green foam from Joanns. They have different thickness but the one I use is about 3/8". Works great with the heat.

• Like 1

Time to go check on some green foam.  I also ordered the foam pads from Costal as well.

ohhh while you are at it you might as well get the green rubber for glass and the nomex pad for tiles - make it an order

• Like 3

ohhh while you are at it you might as well get the green rubber for glass and the nomex pad for tiles - make it an order

post-24492-0-48087500-1425606964_thumb.j   post-24492-0-36224600-1425606965_thumb.j

• Like 2

I use the green foam from Joanns. They have different thickness but the one I use is about 3/8". Works great with the heat.

jcart, can you post us a pic of the green foam you use. I have seen it at Joann's but wasn't sure it was heat proof

On 3/10/2015 at 3:31 AM, TT57 said:

jcart, can you post us a pic of the green foam you use. I have seen it at Joann's but wasn't sure it was heat proof

I purchased the green foam from JoAnn's and although it works for HTV transfers (300-320°), it does NOT work for Dye Sublimation, which is 400°. After pressing a garment with a Dye Sublimation and opening the heat press, the green foam had melted flat in a few places, so it's NOT heat resistant like the Vapor Kits advertise.

• Thanks 1

Even heat resistant stuff has a melting point. :)

And did it say heat resistant on the package? The green foam I'm looking at online doesn't mention resistant, only fire retardant, meaning it won't burn easily.