Moody Blue

Thanks Fed Ex...

Ordered this on Tuesday with an intent to do a install this weekend....not sure that's gonna happen now. 24"x10 yard Cardinal Red 751 from Signwarehouse and It came in a makeshift Fed Ex box...lots of tape....and the core is dented so bad looks like it was driven over with a truck. I didn't know this was even possible. Needless to say I am working on getting a full refund and a fresh roll by tomorrow to keep my job on schedule...otherwise looks like signwarehouse will be eating that job cost and refunding my entire $300+ order. 

post-84967-0-64545900-1425563599_thumb.j

post-84967-0-86087200-1425563607_thumb.j

they all do it from time to time . . . seldom the shippers fault but most times the carrier

post-2742-0-37639800-1425569225_thumb.jp

Another disappointment from FedEx from me..... I needed to get a job done the other day, USCutter went out of their way to get it sent out. Watched the tracking, everything was looking good...... until they never showed up Saturday. I called...... they're not open on Saturdays here.....and they service well over 100K. Ridiculous. They could at least open the counter for a few hours for emergency type deals.

This is the first time I have had any damage of this extent and it sucks when I paid for 2 day shipping to have this weekend and when it arrives looks like it came off a garbage truck. Signwarehouse will end up eating the cost on this when it was...like Dakota stated....probably a careless handler. I hope they can fix the problem and have my vinyl here tomorrow or I wont be a happy camper...neither will the customer and hope it doesn't result in me losing the job. Im so frustrated right now that all I want to do is punch that carrier in the face for damaging my vinyl  :angry:

I have had orders sit at the fed ex place all weekend cause they dont deliver to my house on Saturdays

Luckily I never had an issue. Did they put a core in the middle? that would have helped it.

Yep there's a core in the middle....10 yards of vinyl AND a core. Doesn't even seem possible unless it got run over. Ill have to snap a picture looking through the center, it amazes me that this would have even still been shipped being the case that it was obviously run over by a truck or forklift at a sorting facility. 

I have had orders sit at the fed ex place all weekend cause they dont deliver to my house on Saturdays

I have had that happen too. That can be just a frustrating knowing that it's there waiting and it'll still probably be later afternoon before it gets delivered on Monday.

my poor fed ex guy just showed with a usc order - he had to make 2 trips - one box was the outer box they use for cutters packed with vinyl rolls - poor dude.  I open them and move one at a time

I have called and offered to to pick things up at their dock to speed it up a day and save them the money of taking it and they say no deal. UPS Freight let me come get my Fusion though but not the regular UPS guys. Packages are always in town the day before and UPS doesn't hit my street until 7 or 8pm so it's a long wait when you are in a hurry. Seems silly to me they won't do any kind of U-pick options. 

• Like 1

when I sold dish network in the early days I used to drive 35 miles to pick up at fed ex terminal to get stock for the weekend

Wild just a heads up you can actually go to UPS.com and do the my choice or something like that. It allows you to change delivery options, such as pick up at the UPS facility. I did that for a camera tripod that kept on getting broke in transit.

Maybe it was in the big Fedex crash the other day, i forget where it was but was reading on the Tow forums about one. But still to crush that roll that is insane.

It was backordered from SW and came direct from Oracal...which I think is around the Savannah area, about 4-5 hours from me. Not sure if it was part of the wreck or not...and if so must have been slung out into oncoming traffic to get dented like so lol. 

• Like 1

I've got six steps coming up to my porch. My fed-ex guy, WILL NOT come up those six steps. Anything you don't want thrown up on the porch, you'd best meet him at the truck.

what is he doing with you and your mattress?    :(  this just got weird

• Like 2

Wild just a heads up you can actually go to UPS.com and do the my choice or something like that. It allows you to change delivery options, such as pick up at the UPS facility. I did that for a camera tripod that kept on getting broke in transit.

Not a day early only on same day they were planning on bringing it to me which was monday. Had I been able to pick it up there on friday when it landed my weekend would have been much better. 

I placed 2 orders this week to stock up before the price increase on the 10th - 

I placed 2 orders this week to stock up before the price increase on the 10th - 

Are all consumables going up?

-word was oracal, greenstar, siser etc - sounds like all vinyl products at least    4-8 percent

• Like 1

Two weeks ago everyone was putting down USPS and wishing that it operated like UPS and FedEx; jus' saying'...

C

• Like 1

Usps almost destroyed a lower platen for a hotronix on me. Ask Dakota what it looked like when it arrived, even my local postmaster was shocked when I showed him the pictures. BTW the post master packed it tor me so he knew it was done right.

• Like 1