Sign in to follow this  
lablover

Heat Press question

So on my Swing away heat press the rubber pad on the bottom plate is not attached to the plate.  I'm finding this to be a big pain in the butt.  Do I live with it or is there something I can use to stick that baby in place.  I was thinking 2 sided carpet tape but after the heat etc that might not be a good idea.

Here is the model I got...Yea, I'm pretty excited to see its now on sale for 100 bucks cheaper....Grrrrr

http://www.uscutter.com/15-x-15-Digital-Swing-arm-Heat-Press

Any suggestions would be great.  I'm also going to take a file to the bottom plate and dull up those sharp edges.  Seems to catch on everything I put in there!

Thanks Folks  :)

Joe

I vote gorilla glue. That stuff seems to hold everything.

• Like 1

You might try using a teflon platen cover first. It will do a pretty good job of holding it down and also help sliding garments onto and off the pad. They have a strong elastic band that wraps around the rest of the platen. After getting one on my old press I wouldn't go without again. Fortunately for me all the lower platens for the Fusion come with a cover from the factory. 

• Like 2

You might try using a teflon platen cover first. It will do a pretty good job of holding it down and also help sliding garments onto and off the pad. They have a strong elastic band that wraps around the rest of the platen. After getting one on my old press I wouldn't go without again. Fortunately for me all the lower platens for the Fusion come with a cover from the factory. 

Aghh yes...Good call

I think the manufacturers don't attach/glue the rubber mats to the bottom plate for a reason. If the mat it is glued down to the plate and the mat should get  damaged and need replacement, you won't be able to remove it to replace it.

never had one that wasn't glued down - hotronix, knight and mighty all glue them

• Like 2

mine isn't glued down either. i am liking the cover idea since everything seems to grab the pad and not slide. I would like the sliding better i think. It makes me crazy

mine isn't glued down either. i am liking the cover idea since everything seems to grab the pad and not slide. I would like the sliding better i think. It makes me crazy

If you have never had a teflon cover you will love it. Sooo much easier to slide shirts on and position them with it there and it also works to keep the backside of the shirt from getting messed up or stuck if you are doing both sides and not able to thread the shirt. 

• Like 2

my old press wasnt glued down but that rubber cover was really heavy. but after a teflon sheet it didnt move and it slide on the garments easy.

can't find a 15 x 15 cover. Anyone have a link?

can't find a 15 x 15 cover. Anyone have a link?

I didn't see any 15x15" covers - they seem to all be rectangular in size.

I did find 16x16" teflon sheets, which combined with some rare-earth magnets or heat tape could be easily turned into a cover... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teflon-Cover-Sheet-16-X16-for-Transfer-Paper-Iron-On-and-Heat-Press-/181299833122?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a364fe922

• Like 1

I don't think the magnets would work very well. The darn stuff is so slippery that it's a little tricky to deal with. I took my wrinkled sheet of teflon that I had quit using for pressing and punched holes in it and tried to run a line of string though and use it for a lower cover on an older Hix press I took in trade. It worked ok but the ones you buy have a really good elastic band about 2 or 3 inches wide that completely holds it in place. Actually hard to get on the platen. 

I put mine on using banner tape. Been 3 or 4 months now and still holding.

REALLY??!!! I had to buy mine with the Auto Clam...$50 :( 

Came wrinkled as heck. Just hope it flattens out when I start using it......

FH

p.s. I tried to grab quotes before but never worked until Sue2 or Jennifer said it didn't work for her either until she switched to Chrome...YAAAAAA :) !!!!