Sign in to follow this  
slice&dice

Servo 30" unit for under $1000

The TITAN 2 is now offered at $995 for the 24" (28" listed) size, but I would like to see a 30" (34" listed) model, at the same price point.

Including a stand and media basket.

I've had my Titan2 a year now. Put my 36" cutter away then and have never missed it.

• Like 2

I have had the Titan2 at work since last April. USB connector came loose last week and now I am waiting on a replacement part to be shipped. Spend the money and get a Graphtec. Much better quality and a better investment.

"Spend the money..."

The (discontinued?) CE6000-60 would cost around $1700.

And the accessory catch basket is $415 more (although it is out of stock)

My original point still is valid --- the one item missing from the USCUTTER array of equipment offerings is a Chinese-made 30" servo cutter for $995. that comes with stand and media basket.

(Something along the lines of the ZenCut Green)

and the zencut green cost how much?   the titans are in line now as some of the cheapest servo cutters I have seen that perform well.  where does anyone offer a 30" servo for anywhere near $1K?

• Like 1

skeeter - it is asking for something that doesn't exist as far as I know - a 28" titan only cuts 24"  it's a marketing ploy as far as that goes.   major price drops and sales but someone always wants more. 

• Like 1

skeeter - it is asking for something that doesn't exist as far as I know - a 28" titan only cuts 24"  it's a marketing ploy as far as that goes.   major price drops and sales but someone always wants more. 

Yes I know....  He should  jump on a good used Fc7000-75   at a great price, and he would be Happy, Happy... 7 years old now and never a problem..

• Like 2

someone got a bargain here..was well worth the drive.  Or to hire a shipper.  There are still good deals on used Graphtecs,,,  you just have to have the money, and search.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Graphtec-Plotter-FC7000-75-Vinyl-Cutter-/251753400238?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9dac07ae&nma=true&si=ulwRaIAOqVN3kB94wr6hlVZ%252FDVg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

someone got a bargain here..was well worth the drive.  Or to hire a shipper.  There are still good deals on used Graphtecs,,,  you just have to have the money, and search.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Graphtec-Plotter-FC7000-75-Vinyl-Cutter-/251753400238?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9dac07ae&nma=true&si=ulwRaIAOqVN3kB94wr6hlVZ%252FDVg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

No Sh17?  that was a steal

the titans are in line now as some of the cheapest servo cutters I have seen that perform well.  where does anyone offer a 30" servo for anywhere near $1K?

I am sure there are several Chinese manufacturers who are producing the 850mm wide units (34"), and if USCUTTER wanted to import them, how hard would that be?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/servo-motors-vinyl-vertical-cutting-plotter_1871173181.html

Take a look at the LPII and that unit 34" is just $20 higher in cost than the 24" model.  ($100 difference listed on the USC website, but only $20 difference on the big auction site   $540 bundle vs. $520 bundle)

I am sure if you want to import several cargo containers of plotters and compete for lower profits I am people would beat down the door to buy from you.after you become reputable in service or those units  . . .  after you consider buying stock, shipping to you warehousing staff for support and sales, and shipping to the customer - what is reasonable?

• Like 1

Were you looking for a large paper, cardboard cutter from China that cuts fast and accurate?    That is all that one says it does...  The specs say PAPER

.The Technical Parameter of high precision  plotter paper cutter :

Here is a Titan 2 refurb  with stand/basket that is very reasonable..$895 Has servo.  I don't see where Saga or GCC  make a 30" servo.

http://www.uscutter.com/Refurbished-28-inch-TITAN-2-Vinyl-Cutter

This pricing structure makes little sense to me.

For $100 additional, I get a brand new machine.

Shouldn't there be a more substantial savings by buying a refurbished/used unit?

I am sure if you want to import several cargo containers of plotters and compete for lower profits I am people would beat down the door to buy from you.after you become reputable in service or those units  . . .  after you consider buying stock, shipping to you warehousing staff for support and sales, and shipping to the customer - what is reasonable?

All of which USCUTTER already has in place.

Were you looking for a large paper, cardboard cutter from China?   That is all that one says it does...

If it can cut cardboard, it can cut vinyl by reducing the down forces, I would imagine.

But that's just one of many different plotters/cutters that China offers in the marketplace.

My point is that 34" servo cutters are indeed manufactured, although the company making the TITAN2 doesn't offer one, apparently.

If it can cut cardboard, it can cut vinyl by reducing the down forces, I would imagine.

But that's just one of many different plotters/cutters that China offers in the marketplace.

My point is that 34" servo cutters are indeed manufactured, although the company making the TITAN2 doesn't offer one, apparently.

It doesn't say what type of blade it uses.   Picture they are using,  how are they cutting thru like that and not gouging the crap out of the cutting strip?....There is no carrier...

All of which USCUTTER already has in place.

and if they want to stay in bushiness they must make a profit - where are the better prices in the US?

• Like 1

Skeeter, I am not familiar with the mechanics of how those machines operate with craft paper templates, but the title of that listing clearly says Vinyl Cutter servo --- it's a major Chinese company that makes plotters/cutters, so they must know what they're doing.

"They must make a profit"  -- that's right. Did I say they shouldn't? I merely noted they might be able to locate a 30" servo vinyl cutter in the vast marketplace of China and offer it to their customers. (You noted that "I am sure people would beat down the door to buy from you..." so why would those same people not beat down the door to buy from USCUTTER?)

They were previously selling the Titan2 for $1300. Now they are providing the unit for $995.

Are they LOSING money at this point? I don't think so. They must make a profit, after all.

*bump thread*

http://www.uscutter.com/28-inch-TITAN-2-Vinyl-Cutter -- Now it's being offered for $845 --  and USCUTTER is Still Making A Profit on it.

I'm adding this here because dakota noted that "... if they want to stay in business they must make a profit..."

My original post remains perfectly valid and I think USCUTTER executives should pay more attention to it.

I would like to see a 30" (850mm) model,

including a stand and media basket.

making friends and influencing people still slice?

Just pointing out the facts.

And the FACT is that USCUTTER presented a Forum topic here for "Equipment Feedback or Suggestions" and that's just what I did.

Objectively and without bias.

I am sick and tired of everyone saying "get a Graphtec" when this company has made millions by selling Chinese knockoffs and that remains their core business. My intention of even starting this thread (and personally writing to the corporate HQ) was to URGE them to use their resources in China and locate a 34" (850mm) servo cutter and offer it.

You keep resisting that simple concept, for whatever reasons you may have.

Trying to make this about ME is just attacking the messenger.

BTW, I did not attack you, at all. My reference to your post was to ILLUSTRATE that a $1000. price-point servo 850mm cutter is indeed possible, unquestionably, based on their selling an $845. servo cutter right now!

IMO much of the allure of a servo cutter is lost when considering it being Chinese made. Reason being as the servo is all about serious precision and along with the motors come more refined bearings and better built rack, higher end programming and electrical components etc... so a Chinese made unit will always be a Chinese made unit in my eyes and worrying about it being a servo or not is just creeping the price up within reach of a Japanese made machine of higher quality. Obviously the price is also higher with that quality but I think that goes without saying. If you are paying 80% the cost of the high end units then it's not worth it from a cost-vs-quality comparison. That's just my opinion though. You are really not paying all that much more for a name brand quality cutter that is known to run for decades and still RE-SELL for $600-$800. 

wildgoose, $1000 is not 80% of the cost of a high-end Graphtec.

$1750 is the price of the CE6000-60 (+$415. more for the optional catch basket).  That brings it to being DOUBLE the cost of what I'm seeking.

And in any case, besides your math being off, there is no 850mm Graphtec unit being distributed by USCUTTER.

I have ZERO interest in a 24" machine.

Let's focus on what this thread is about, shall we?

The request was made for USCUTTER to utilize their years of buying experience in China, and reach out to a manufacturer there to obtain a machine which fills a missing niche in their line of cutters.

I feel it's a reasonable and proper request.

This is not a thread about the "VALUE" of Chinese-made equipment.

(and if the allure of a Chinese-made servo cutter is "lost" then why is USCUTTER even bothering to market them?)

But, that's another topic entirely.

I've been able to bring in tens of thousands of $$ making signs with the crappiest low-end MH 34" and I feel that a TITAN2-quality equivalent 34" cutter would be just the ticket for an upgrade.

And just to be clear -- THIS is what I'm asking for

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Automatic-Contour-CE-certified-servo-motor_60369192617.html

or

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Teneth-servo-motor-system-vinyl-cutters_60464404046.html

Edited by slice&dice

So why don't you buy one of those  cutters yourself?  You stated "this is what I am asking for"..There is a minimum of only 1 unit to make that purchase,,, No one is stopping you from making that purchase...Go for it.   Then you will get what YOU want.  It should be a drop in the bucket for some one who has made 10's of thousands of $$$$,  If your make that much money, then it shouldn't be a problem to continue making it,,You would have your investment money back very soon. You don't need UScutter to get that ball rolling for you. 

"You don't need UScutter to get that ball rolling for you." --  mz skeeter

Let's be honest, shall we?

My request here to USCUTTER was not made for my needs exclusively.

It was a suggestion for their corporate leadership to evaluate the line of cutters they carry, and place one of the obvious missing elements into that line.

The addition of an 850mm servo-motor unit would result in them selling hundreds of them, most likely.

Which brings me to your other point --- "why don't you buy one of those (from China) yourself?"

I may end up doing just that, after all is said and done.

However, getting a single machine delivered from China is a rather expensive proposition for an individual, versus a company like USCUTTER making a bulk purchase of hundreds of them and placing them into a shipping container. It's the logistics of scale.

USCUTTER is in the business of buying cutters from manufacturers in China, and they have all the capabilities in place to make this happen, within their existing structure.

Let me say one thing more -- I am firmly convinced that USCUTTER executives know I'm right.