Sign in to follow this  
Jburns

Strange Countour Cut Result- Compressed?

Hello All, 
So I have a strange contour cut shape being left on my vinyl: Note: the cutter reads the registration marks perfect. The Sensor Adjustment is SPOT on. ( see pic). It seems that the the contour cut is "Compressed" on the left and right side of the letters. The word "TEST" was printed, and measures EXACTLY as Flexi has it designed so no vinyl shrinkage). Note: Latest Image has top to bottom correct.

You can see the "T"'s have a cut that is off in opposite directions on the sides or compressed. I can send the test file to anyone who would like to verify.

If you have experienced and/or corrected on your Graphtec let me know. I tried the recommendations provided by Graphtec support -I still have same results.

Equipment
1. FC7000-100
2. Gerber Edge 2 
3. FlexiSign Pro 8.1v.1 HPGL mode.

Thank you for taking a look!

photo%2016.jpg

photo%2014.jpg

photo%2015.jpg

TEST%20File%20JPEG.jpg

You don't state what computer operating system you are using,, but SAI will tell you that Flexisign Pro 8.1 is only compatible with XP and older Operating System...Hit and miss on newer.

HI Skeeter- it is in fact Windows XP on USB I was able to install on a Windows 7 computer- thru Serial connection- and same results.  (With that I would try and eliminate a cable issue).  

It is amazing how accurate the cutter is- but its off the EXACT amount over and over :)

Good News! I received some advice from others on another forum. Here is what I did.

1. I changed the Crop marks to Type 1.- the cutter was MUCH closer on the contour.
2.Re-verified sensor alignment and cut.  I just had to make some slight adjustments +0.010 inch on the Y axis and got it nailed down.

3. Slowed speed to 4

Here are the results. I think I will order a blade holder - I don't think mine is a genuine graphtec item- there is some "slop" when it is in the holder before tightening the collar. - it cuts well, but may be off slightly.

Thanks again- I hope this thread can help others dialing in their contour cutting on a Graphtec.

Test%20Final%202.jpg

Test%20Final%201.jpg

photo%2014_1.jpg

Congrats.. Sure looks like an oem holder but for my extra holders I just use ebay cheapes. Works every bit as good

Thanks- several hours and a few yards of vinyl :):)  -headed to bed with a smile.

• Like 2