Sign in to follow this  
parabellum1130

cutting magnet sheets

is it possible for me to run a sheet of magnet through me sc to cut outline shapes so that I can apply vinyl decal onto it...

I recently sent a handful of decals to mayhem , a junior roller derby team and they sold out fast

for next time I was going to send a more broadened variety so that it might be a multi use item as opposed to a 1 time and done item...

whats your take on it...

You can score the surface with the cutter then break apart by hand. Don't know of a cutter that'll cut then all the way through but I nave done quite a few on my lp2 but I can't on my q75 because everything is steel so the magnet just clings to the cutter so I can't feed it in and out.

Yes, I have cut magnet material with my Graphtec. You'll want to use a dedicated blade and experiment with the cutting pressure, blade exposure, and speed. It should cut about 90% of the way through the material, then you press it out with your fingers the rest of the way. If needed, you could double up the shape in the cutting software so it makes two passes. There are different thicknesses of magnetic material, 15-20 mil for indoor use, and 30 mil for use on vehicles.

I've witness a few attempts to put that stuff into a cutter.  It never could cut all the way through.  In the end, a person with some skills and a blade in hand is what was used.