Sign in to follow this  
TonZaga

After job cut length of roll

I'm yet to make a cut with my LPII but I was wondering if there was a way to cut straight across the length of the roll once the job was completed?  Maybe have the cutter cut a straight line all the way across about .5" further than the job?

Hi TonZaga, glad to have you here.

Your question is a bit vague.

Are you attempting to have the cutter actually cut through the paper and separate the piece from the roll automatically?

(This is normally done with a razor knife or scissors by the operator manually)

Or, do you just want a line cut through the vinyl itself, creating what is essentially a "weed line"?

I think you want a weed line, to be scored into the vinyl by the cutter after it completes a section.

In SCALpro, I seem to recall there's an option to add weed lines into your design wherever you want.

Either way I guess.  I meant to have it cut the paper and all so the line is straight.  I could do it myself with a razor blade but want to keep everything as neat as possible.

I use these in the cutter guide groove to cut the vinyl straight and neat without damaging the cutter.

post-7680-0-60308400-1425218991_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Hmmmmmm, the cutter blade is set for a specific pressure that will allow it to slice through the vinyl and NOT the paper backing.

You can't have it cut vinyl and then suddenly switch pressure in order to cut through the backing paper (and that would result in a gouge right into the underlying cutting strip anyway, which you don't want)

So, when the job is completed, the cutter carriage simply returns to the 'home' position and waits for more instructions to start again.

What you can do is provide instructions in the software for "Advance After Job" and indicate how much distance you want the machine to add and move the vinyl after the last cut.

This will assist you in manually razor-cutting (releasing) the completed section from the roll.

and as stated above the LP2 can't do it - so I directed to one that could!

Scott nailed it. I have a lp2 and you must manually cut it off however I also have a q75 which is a graphtec clone and it does the cut tor me. Big price difference though.

• Like 1

just a matter of if it is worth $2K to have it cut off for you  - hack I am happy with most servo cutters and can cut my own off for the price diff

True but all the bells and whistles will spoil ya :)

• Like 2