Sign in to follow this  
TonZaga

Oracal 631/651

I've recently added a second cutter and went with 24" rolls of Oracal 631 for indoor stuff and 651 for outdoor.  I picked up some HT55 for the 631 and I have a 12" roll of AT75 for my smaller 6561 stuff.  Will HT55 work for 651 or does anyone recommend a big roll of tape for the 651 stuff?  Thanks

I've recently added a second cutter and went with 24" rolls of Oracal 631 for indoor stuff and 651 for outdoor.  I picked up some HT55 for the 631 and I have a 12" roll of AT75 for my smaller 6561 stuff.  Will HT55 work for 651 or does anyone recommend a big roll of tape for the 651 stuff?  Thanks

I use HT55 all the time with 651

• Like 1

I use HT55 all the time with 651

Sweet  Thanks!  I want to be ready if an order for a big decal using 651 comes up.  If I don't have to buy another huge roll of tape, I'm fine with that!!

I use it sometimes too. Ht55 it a medium tack paper so be sure and put a good squeegee to it during the mask stage to help it lift the vinyl up off the carrier. 651 can be a little tricky with full tack paper so be watching for parts that want to stay on the carrier. 

• Like 1

On smaller decals with 651 I roll out some AT75 sticky side up and apply the vinyl to the tape, opposite of normal tape application. On larger decals with 651 & 631 I apply HT55 the normal way.

• Like 1