Sign in to follow this  
Daniel T

Da New Guy

Greeting everyone at the US Cutter forum,

I am Daniel T.  a paramedic/firefighter full time.  bought  a cutter about a month ago. Looking for something else to do  with my 3 to 6 hours per week of down time.  completely new to the vinyl cutting business but have a self taught intrest in screen printing. currently using corel-12, signcut and the 12" cutter. this is way too much fun, plus i have made enough to double the up front investment.  thanks for all of the great information contained in this forum.  danielT

I'm sure the cutter will fill your down time.Don't you have power converters in your rescue vehicles?You could take your 12" cutter and cut decals for the bystanders while you are working!You're right about investment return.I have made more money quicker with my cutters than I ever did when I was doing embroidery.Welcome to the forum.

Billy

Welcome Daniel,

I am fairly new to all of this also too. And gratefully there is much to be learned on this sight. And since you brought it up I would like to quiz you on the Corel Draw 12. Is it leap and  bounds easier than the Inkscape program that came with the cutter? I have not had any success with Inkscape and I'm researching my options. I'd like to be like you and start getting some return on my investment. Do you feel that corel draw 12 does enough or would Corel Draw X3 be a good investment?  Looking forward to hearing of your great wisdom.  ;D

Pianomom

pianomom,

you ask a tough question since i have no knowledge of the new Corel program. i absolutely enjoy version 12.  Design, hit one button to send the file to signcut and another to cut. very seamless and no additional steps to create a vector.  another item well worth the money is the official guide to corel draw 12,  i use it often.

Hey,

Thanks for the response. I've been trying to design in Inkscape, and even though I am slowly starting to understand the program, it is really difficult.  ;D  I know it is a free program but it still shouldn't be so difficult. I've designed things in other programs with great ease and I'm wanting a program to do that in here too. Sounds like I need to seriously check out Corel 12, and the guide book.

Pianomom

welcome to the forums. I've only been here a few days,but have already learned a few things.  ...JB