krolyat

Blade is dragging across design

Machine has only been used a few times but my last two cuts have been ruined by the blade having a mind of its own and cutting lines through my design.  I have checked everything and nothing has changed from the other day when it cut 8 large decals perfectly.

Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas of how to resolve the issue?

Thank you

Check that your Sure cuts alot is still registered, usb or serial?? and this time of year static is an issue

Thanks E L Design.  I have confirmed that my Sure Cuts A Lot software is still registered.  The connection is USB.  I thought about static as well but am wondering if there is a way to test for static issues.

Vinyl cutter model - SC

Date purchased - 12/2014

Connection method - USB

Software - Sure Cuts A Lot 4 Pro

Operating system - Mac OSX 10.9.5

Material - Vinyl (751 and 651)

You can check with a pen, on paper...or back of vinyl...You can lift the blade holder so that blade does not touch vinyl. and see if it acts the same way....The static comes from the vinyl...

• Like 2

You can check with a pen, on paper...or back of vinyl...You can lift the blade holder so that blade does not touch vinyl. and see if it acts the same way....The static comes from the vinyl...

I just tested a smaller "cut" by replacing the blade with a pen and it came out normal and did not drag the blade.

Static can be a big issue....People use Static Guard,  wipe vinyl and cutter  with dryer sheets...Run humidifier

• Like 1

I just tested a smaller "cut" by replacing the blade with a pen and it came out normal and did not drag the blade.

I just attempted the larger cut and same result as with vinyl the "blade" (pen) drags. 

Static can be a big issue....People use Static Guard,  wipe vinyl and cutter  with dryer sheets...Run humidifier

I will run out to the store to pick up some dryer sheets.

Thanks everyone for your help in figuring out what the issue is.  I will update later this evening.

I am happy to report that with 6 dryer sheets and a humidifier runing my machine is once again back to normal operation!!! Thanks again to everyone that chimed in to help!

You said you were using USB?  Do you have the Triplite Kespan adaptor?   I ask because I too have the SC machine and it appears that most owners, at some point run into a problem not having it.  Just a heads up.....

• Like 1

I am happy to report that with 6 dryer sheets and a humidifier runing my machine is once again back to normal operation!!! Thanks again to everyone that chimed in to help!

If you can locate a can of the anti-static spray it works better than the dryer sheets IMO. I used to hose down the area behind the cutter and under it without actually saying it on the vinyl and it solved a myriad of weird glitches when I had my P-Cut.

• Like 1

I have had this issue too with my SC cutter. What I have found is when the design has more data than the machine has memory. So if iam doing 10 decals and not enough memory I drop it to 5 then don't have an issue

Butch

• Like 1

You said you were using USB?  Do you have the Triplite Kespan adaptor?   I ask because I too have the SC machine and it appears that most owners, at some point run into a problem not having it.  Just a heads up.....

No, I don't have a Triplite Kespan adapter...yet. Thanks for the heads up.

If you can locate a can of the anti-static spray it works better than the dryer sheets IMO. I used to hose down the area behind the cutter and under it without actually saying it on the vinyl and it solved a myriad of weird glitches when I had my P-Cut.

Good to know! Thanks because I can't stand the smell of the "sent free" or sented dryer sheets and don't use them because they normally make me itch when I use them with clothes.

I have had this issue too with my SC cutter. What I have found is when the design has more data than the machine has memory. So if iam doing 10 decals and not enough memory I drop it to 5 then don't have an issue Butch

I will keep this in mind when doing multiple decals per cutting session.  Thanks!