Sign in to follow this  
Sue2

Adobe CS2 Programs still available

Just a note to let you all know that the Adobe CS2 programs are still 

available as free downloads either individually or as a whole Suite.  

Yes, they are older unsupported programs now but are still very functional.

Windows & MAC.

This weekend I downloaded Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop on my

Windows 7 laptop and so far, they work fine. 

You will need to register with Adobe before being able to download any.

LINK to Adobe:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html#

Sue2

• Like 1

I keep a copy of CS2 on my work computer at my day job. Helps out when I need to do something and I'm not at my home office. Nice to have a spare but it's also a tough thing to get used to the differences that you take for granted with a newer version. There are all kinds of things that CS5 has that I use all the time and other quirks with certain functions that have been streamlined in later versions. looking at the CC version I see several things that would also be nice to have but I don't want a payment. 

Yeah, it's a challenge jumping from one version to another...

but no different than jumping from AI to Corel to Inkscape.

Which I do every day.

The CS2 programs will do everything (and then some) that

most beginner/intermediate folks need.  

The problem comes in when the newer computer OS no longer

run the older programs.

This maybe a smart choice by Adobe to get new users hooked.

Sue2

Yeah, it's a challenge jumping from one version to another...

but no different than jumping from AI to Corel to Inkscape.

Which I do every day.

The CS2 programs will do everything (and then some) that

most beginner/intermediate folks need.  

The problem comes in when the newer computer OS no longer

run the older programs.

This maybe a smart choice by Adobe to get new users hooked.

Sue2

That's a good couple points. The CS2 won't run on newer macs capable of running Yosemite according to an article I read recently about it. 

Hi , many thanks for your messages , I am having bigger issues the moment with my vinyl plotter and connecting it as there s no drivers for windows 10 to run it , I just don’t know where to go from hear , either try and connect my old hard drive into my newer computer and hope I can run illustrator from there with the driver settings OR downgrade my pc from windows 10 to either 7 or 8 where they may be a driver that might work , I have no idea Even what drivers are , what a nightmare . Much kind regards tom

Pick up an older XP, computer.  You can get them cheap.  I have been running on XP since 2006.on my Graphtec.  XP is very stable.  You don't need a newer computer to run a vinyl cutter.   Then you can transfer your files SATA to SATA.    Have you tried to download the driver that says 8/7/Vista/XP anyway?   Many models still use the same drivers. 

Try do install (typically Run as Administrator) a few of the older cutter drivers. I would help us to know which cutter you have, and how you're connecting to it.

You old hard drive in a new computer will not fix the problem of not having a working driver, unless it's booting from that HD, and chances are, your old HD will not boot your new computer. What operating system was  your old computer running?

Downgrading a newer computer that was designed for Win10 down to Win7/8 is not as easy as it sounds. There are huge differences in hardware that don't play nicely.

9 minutes ago, haumana said:

Try do install (typically Run as Administrator) a few of the older cutter drivers. I would help us to know which cutter you have, and how you're connecting to it.

You old hard drive in a new computer will not fix the problem of not having a working driver, unless it's booting from that HD, and chances are, your old HD will not boot your new computer. What operating system was  your old computer running?

Downgrading a newer computer that was designed for Win10 down to Win7/8 is not as easy as it sounds. There are huge differences in hardware that don't play nicely.

He has a Graphtec CE3000-120

2 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

He has a Graphtec CE3000-120

Thanks for the clarification and reference, this whole issue would have been better served as one post/thread under Graphtec.. Ugh, I cannot keep track of who posts multiple, related issues, especially when it's on different board. I'm just easily confused that way :blink: Hahaha.

• Like 1